Free resources for successfully building custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FileMaker today launched the FileMaker Community, a free online resource for anyone interested in how to build custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Formerly known as the FileMaker Technical Network, or TechNet, the FileMaker Community has been completely redesigned and reorganized to make it easier for people of all skill levels to find information, engage in discussions, and share ideas and interests.
All 60,000-plus current members of TechNet automatically get access to the FileMaker Community. Anyone can browse and download resources without the need to register or log in.
The FileMaker Community delivers the resources that people need to succeed in building and deploying FileMaker solutions ─ in a single, searchable and engaging online spot. It offers:
- Extensive resources, including videos, tech briefs, web seminars, examples and tools, product documentation and discussion forums.
- Answers to technical questions from others who use the FileMaker platform.
- Opportunities to connect with other FileMaker users—from beginners to experts—to share information and resources.
- An easy-to-use interface delivering fast searching to help you find the information you need about the FileMaker platform.
- At-a-glance views of the latest posts and newest resources.
- One-click entry into discussions or posting of questions.
- A new forum for FileMaker Certified Developers.
- Open access, with no need to have an account to download resources.
As an introduction to the new community, users can download a special collection of five free video recordings of popular 2014 FileMaker Developer Conference sessions. The sessions, which are led by experienced FileMaker experts, include:
- "60 Power Tips ─ Develop Faster Than Ever!" by Sheldon King: A fast-paced session that covers 60 FileMaker development tips for boosting efficiency.
- "The Year in Review" by John Sindelar: A survey of innovative FileMaker work by developers using FileMaker Pro 13.
- "Modular Design" by Todd Geist: The newest tricks and tips for building reusable, sharable, maintainable chunks of FileMaker code.
- "Developing with Perform Script on Server" by Greg Lane: A session on why and how to use the "Perform Script on Server" function.
- "Essential Data Modeling: Avoiding the Nightmare and Getting it Right!" by James Medema: How to use data modeling to create complete, clear and solid data models that can accurately inform estimating and guide development.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage information and boost overall productivity.
Copyright © 2015 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.