Machine learning powers Fillr's one-click autofill service, which reduces shopping cart abandonment and increases conversion rates 2.2x
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fillr today announced that its mobile Autofill as a Service platform now reaches 100 million monthly active users worldwide. The company, which recently launched its U.S. office in San Francisco, counts leading browsers and device manufacturers, including Microsoft Edge, Dolphin, Panasonic, andKarbonn Mobiles, among its customers and partners.
Providing one-click, accurate, and secure autofill for checkout forms, the Fillr Autofill as a Service (FAaaS) platform helps mobile digital commerce businesses, including comparison shopping apps and social media platforms, to take advantage of the exploding growth in mobile commerce, which claims 90 percent of mobile app usage worldwide. The FAaaS platform delivers seamless user checkout experiences, effectively preventing revenue lost from cart abandonment, estimated at $4.6 trillion in 2016, and increasing conversion rates.
"Conversion rates, especially on mobile, are terrible," said Chris Koch, CEO and co-founder, Fillr. "The industry is striving to quickly catch up with consumers' mobile-first approach to shopping and demand for a better transaction experience. Fillr built the most intelligent autofill technology to help not only mobile and social businesses, but also digital organizations as a whole to realize digital commerce opportunities. Our live, side-by-side research, shows that when using Fillr, mobile commerce conversions increase at a rate that is 2.2 greater than shoppers who are not using Fillr."
Fillr's autofill service works on all web forms and can be used on thousands of mobile commerce sites, including AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopify, and Walmart. Underlying its unequalled simplicity and accuracy is highly sophisticated Intelligent Autofill technology that uses machine learning and cloud infrastructure to solve the very complex problem of accurately autofilling web forms. While the ideal checkout flow comprises 12 to 14 form elements, the average checkout flow in the U.S. contains 23.48 form elements.
Fillr's Intelligent Autofill utilizes more than two thousand form-mapping expressions, resulting in accuracy far greater than Google and Apple's autofill. The company's Advanced Textual Heuristics™ reads forms as close to human representation as possible, drawn from algorithms developed from analyzing hundreds of thousands of forms.
"The feedback we're receiving from Karbonn Mobiles device owners using Fillr is clear," said Shashan Desai, Senior Product Manager, Karbonn Mobiles, India's third largest smartphone company. "Using Fillr-enabled apps and browsers makes mobile shopping an order of magnitude easier."
Fillr works on all forms, from shopping purchase transactions to forms that do not involve payments, including contest submissions, job applications, and subscriptions. In the coming months, the company expects to extend the FAaaS platform to support targeted advertising and transactions on in-message apps. It also is developing new features for voice search and Internet of Things devices, very few of which will have a fully functional qwerty keyboard, making data entry extremely difficult.
The FAaaS platform delivers:
- Speed and accuracy -- Fillr delivers industry-leading 95 percent accuracy across the world's top 1000 e-retailers, compared with Chrome and Safari's 53 percent accuracy
- Data analytics -- Fillr can provide aggregated data on user gender, age, geography and payment platform, and on form specifics such as number of fields on the form and number of fields entered/edited by the user
- Security -- User data is encrypted on the user's device using military-grade 256-bit AES encryption
- Multi-lingual autofill -- Fillr supports a growing list of languages, including English, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese Mandarin, Korean and Japanese
- Customizable UI & UX -- Fillr can be customized to integrate seamlessly with existing UX of applications. The default UI is based on Android and iOS native design standards and can be easily adapted to house styles and brand guidelines
- Cross-platform compatibility -- The Fillr SDK is embedded into browsers, in-app browsers of mobile social apps, metasearch engines and comparison shopping engines. The fully compiled SDK can be as small as 1.2 Mb and up to 2.4Mb, and can be integrated into a WebView within Android or iOS apps for both mobile and tablet
- Diagram: How the Magic Happens
- eBook: Getting to Frictionless Digital Commerce
- White paper: The World's Most Accurate Autofill for Mobile Browsers
- Report: Autofill Accuracy Benchmarking
Fillr delivers the accurate, swift and secure Fillr Autofill as a Service (FAaaS) platform, eliminating significant friction in mobile digital commerce – complex checkout forms and stagnant conversion rates. Core to the FAaaS platform is Fillr's Intelligent Autofill, which is built on a powerful mapping engine and algorithms developed by analyzing hundreds of thousands of forms. Fillr's Intelligent Autofill utilizes proprietary Advanced Textual Heuristics™ to achieve highly personalized and automated form-filling, resulting in proven and tested, industry-leading 95%+ accuracy and 500%+ increase in transaction speed. The FAaaS Platform is industry- and payment platform-agnostic, and is easily integrated into any app that uses WebView, browser, operating system and device, while customer data remains protected using 256-bit AES encryption. Fillr has offices in San Francisco and Melbourne, and is backed by SoftBank China Venture Capital – one of Alibaba's earliest investors, Southern Cross Venture Capital, Reinventure, and Constant Innovation. To learn more about Fillr, visit www.fillr.com.