ARLINGTON, Va., Aug. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The 11th annual New York International Film & TV Finance Summit (the longest running and most successful event of its kind), presented by BNA / CITE will convene September 22nd -23rd, 2011, to explore ways in which independents can find financing to make, distribute, and market films – even in a challenging economic environment. The conference is sponsored by Deloitte LLP, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP, Film Pro Finance, Goodmans LLP, Entertainment Partners, Greater Philadelphia Film Office and Ontario Media Development Corp. ProductionHub is the media sponsor.
"Now more than ever, independent film companies and specialty divisions of major studios need to be creative when mining the money and tax incentive seam," says program director Robert Ross. "Our panelists, including film producers, bankers, film commissioners, talent agents, tax specialists, film finance lawyers and accountants, know the strategies that work and will share them in a host of case studies and panels across the two days."
More than 40 speakers will share their expertise, insights, ideas, and contact information throughout the sessions, networking meals and cocktail receptions.
- Learn how to tap into state film tax credits and incentives in the U.S. and locate funds in international markets
- Get the latest developments in the use of Federal tax incentives, ETI exclusion, R&D credits in relation to film finance
- Understand the roles played by specialized banks, finance companies, hedge funds and equity providers in film financing
- Know how to properly utilize brand integration and execute product placement strategies to generate additional funds
- Find out how to attach the right talent to a motion picture to make financing happen
- Understand how to deal with labor issues in regard to producing an independent or studio feature film
- Learn about the latest developments in digital distribution platforms and technologies in securing film financing
- Hear in a case study how an independent feature film was financed, marketed and distributed
The 11th Annual International Film & TV Finance Summit will take place at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, on 1535 Broadway, New York, NY 10036, Tel 212 398 1900. To register, go to www.citeusa.org or call (800) 207.4432 for further information on special rates for independent producers, and sponsorship opportunities.
About BNA / CITE
BNA / CITE was formed to educate U.S. and foreign multinationals and companies engaged in international business on the tax, legal and accounting aspects of doing business overseas. Seminar speakers are experts in internal taxation and finance fields and the participants include a broad range of corporate multinational companies.
About BNA Tax & Accounting
BNA Tax & Accounting is the foremost source of news, analysis, and practice tools for tax attorneys, estate planners, accountants, and corporate tax and financial accounting professionals. For more than 50 years, BNA Tax & Accounting has offered practitioners expert insights and guidance on every significant issue in tax planning and financial accounting. Written by practitioners for practitioners, BNA's award-winning Portfolios offer topic-driven, in-depth guidance on transactions designed to help tax professionals achieve new levels of excellence and client service.
SOURCE BNA / CITE