LOS ANGELES, April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- FilmOn.com Inc., (http://www.FilmOn.com/), the largest internet-based high-definition television service, today announced it has added 22 cable channels, expanding its content offerings for consumers as the largest and first online and mobile cable company.
The additional content provides consumers with a diverse list of programming of all genres and interests. The channels include:
- Biz Television – A national television network committed to airing original, high quality, educational and inspiring programming for and about real business people.
- BVM (Bohemia Visual Music) – Music videos that are Collective and Diverse - covering all genres of music
- Create TV – Instructional programs provide expert advice on cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel.
- Dayton Area Sports Television – Regional and national sports
- Fashion TV – Entertains and inspires its audience by providing an insider's view of the fashion industry in a highly desired clip-based content with over 100 hours of new programming each month showcasing the latest trends, major fashion shows, designer events and highlights of fashion industry professionals
- Frost Cutlery – Shopping network features collectable cutlery, bowies, customized pieces, dealer assortments, kitchen cutlery, swords, & tactical knives.
- Havoc TV – Offers the best in the indie music genres of: Punk, Electronic, Hip Hop, Metal, Alternative and Reggae, as well as the very best in core action sports genres: Surf, Skate, Snow, Moto/Bmx.
- I Urban TV – Lifestyle programming that defines the urban experience
- Jewelry TV -- Opens the world of fine jewelry and gemstones to as the largest retailer of loose gemstones and one of the top 4 electronic jewelry retailers in the United States
- Motorz – A DIY automotive television show
- My Family TV --Provides 24/7, G rated content, to television broadcast stations using a unique incentive structure. The content includes programming from an ever-expanding library owned by MFTV comprised of over 900 films, series and titles.
- NASA TV – Provides live coverage of missions and other agency events as well as resources for news media, educators and students, and the general public.
- R Squared Films – Channel dedicated to the very best in horror feature programming
- Rockstation TV – An original television channel dedicated to all things rock related
- The Pentagon Channel – Broadcasts military news and information for the members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- UCTV (University of California) Television – Official channel of University of California
- Wine Channel TV – Created to build and foster the love of wine, people and conversation thru original video content and programming
With hundreds of thousands of hours of original programming content, FilmOn has also created four original channels including:
- Supermodels Uncovered
- Brain Damage (horror genre)
- Girls Gone Crazy
- Xtreme Sports
- Music Legends
"My team and I worked extremely hard to sign and add 22 new channels to our existing line-up—providing consumers with the widest offering of cable content available from any computer or mobile device," said Alki David, founder and chairman, FilmOn. "FilmOn continues create the largest online cable network, providing new revenue opportunities for our content provider partners."
FilmOn subscriptions start at $14.95 ($19.95 with adult added) or $149.95 yearly ($199.95 yearly with adult added). The FilmOn Web cable television service is delivered through the freely downloadable multi-platform HDi player or in Flash or app free to mobile devices. FilmOn.com streams videos in high definition and utilizes proprietary video compression technology to achieve high quality even over basic broadband connections.
In addition, FilmOn will provide subscribers with the ability to stream up to six movies from FilmOn's nearly 40,000-title film library per month.
FilmOn currently carries more than 40 channels of live content including KOEC (PBS), KTLA (The CW), WPIX (The CW), Ion Life, 4 Music, Scuzz, Flaunt, Rai Sport, Dubai Sports, Viva, Russia Today, BBC News, TVE Spain, Clubland TV, and Al Jazeera. FilmOn also carries a number of their own exclusive content channels including FilmOn Movies, Sports, Docu (Documentary), Drama, Horror, and adult content.
ABOUT FilmOn.com Inc.
FilmOn.com Inc was founded in March 2009 by FilmOn.com Plc, a Berlin-listed company (2F0A-BER) and is operated independently by a dedicated U.S management team with offices in Los Angeles and London. Battlecam.com (http://www.Battlecam.com), is the 24 x 7 live reality community TV channel of FilmOn.com
Rogers & Cowan
SOURCE FilmOn.com Inc.