NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelzoo Inc. (NASDAQ: TZOO), a global Internet media company, today announced the finalists for the 2011 Travelzoo® Awards. Also known as the Tzoos, the Travelzoo Awards celebrate the companies behind the most outstanding travel, entertainment and local deals of the year in 18 categories. The finalists will be honored, and the winners will be announced at the fifth annual Travelzoo Awards gala ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 15, at The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
"A Travelzoo Award is similar to the 'Good Housekeeping' Seal -- it's the ultimate stamp of approval for outstanding deals," said Shirley Tafoya, president of North America for Travelzoo. "Each finalist consistently goes above and beyond to provide our millions of subscribers with exciting and unique experiences. We're thrilled to honor the finalist companies as the best of the best at the fifth annual ceremony."
To determine the Travelzoo Awards finalists of 2011, Travelzoo Deal Experts evaluated more than 80,000 deals published in North America on the following five-point scale:
- Quality: Travelzoo Deal Experts regularly consult with more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local deal companies around the world to uncover the best offers. Deals provided by the finalist companies offered outstanding value based on market research and are considered the "best of the best."
- Reliability: The Travelzoo Test Booking Center® manually verifies availability, accuracy of information and ease of booking for each deal published. The deals provided by finalist companies exceeded all requirements of the testing process.
- Consistency: Finalist companies consistently featured outstanding deals week after week for Travelzoo subscribers.
- Competitiveness: Deals provided by finalist companies surpassed competitors when comparing overall value and offer details.
- Appeal: Finalist companies consistently achieved between 4.5 and 6.0 (on a 6-point scale) in the user HOT deal ratings collected by Travelzoo.
To view the finalists for the 2011 Travelzoo Awards, please visit www.travelzoo.com/tzoos.
Travelzoo Inc. is a global Internet media company. With more than 24 million subscribers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific and 24 offices worldwide, Travelzoo® publishes deals from more than 2,000 travel, entertainment and local companies. Travelzoo Deal Experts review offers to find the best deals and confirm their true value. In Asia Pacific, Travelzoo is independently owned and operated by Travelzoo (Asia) Ltd. and Travelzoo Japan K.K. under a license agreement with Travelzoo Inc.
Certain statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions, markets in which we participate and other statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts. When used in this press release, the words "expect", "predict", "project", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "intend", "plan", "seek" and similar expressions are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including changes in our plans, objectives, expectations, prospects and intentions and other factors discussed in our filings with the SEC. We cannot guarantee any future levels of activity, performance or achievements. Travelzoo undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances occurring after the date of this press release. Travelzoo and Top 20 are registered trademarks of Travelzoo. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Christie McConnell Travelzoo, North America (212) 484-4912 email@example.com
SOURCE Travelzoo Inc.