NEW YORK, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (NASDAQ :AAOI ). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=AAOI
Highlights from our AAOI Report include:
- Top-line Growth - On May 7, 2015, Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. released results for the first quarter of 2015. The Company generated total revenue of $30.2 million, an increase of 22% from $24.9 million in Q1 2014. Datacentre segment contributed c. 54% to the total revenue, amounting to $16.3 million. Meanwhile, CATV and FTTH segments contributed $12.0 million and $0.1 million, respectively, to the total revenue.
- Operating Performance - The Company's adjusted EBITDA for the period stood at $2.3 million, slightly higher than $2.1 million in same period last year. The Company's research and development expenses amounted to $4.8 million, compared to $3.5 million in the same period last year. Meanwhile, general and administrative expenses also grew from $3.6 million in prior year quarter to $5.0 million in Q1 2015.
- Bottom-line Performance - GAAP net loss for the period stood at $0.7 million, compared to net income of $0.1 million in Q1 2014. Consequently, the Company recorded a loss of $0.05 per diluted share in Q1 2015 compared to diluted EPS of $0.01 in Q1 2014. In addition, non-GAAP net income was recorded at $0.3 million or $0.02 per diluted share, lower than $0.8 million or $0.06 per diluted share in prior year quarter.
- Liquidity Position - Total assets in the reported period increased to $186.2 million as at March 31, 2015 from $183.7 million as at December 31, 2014. Total current assets stood at $101.1 million at the year-end compared to $113.2 at the end of last quarter. Total liabilities were $71.3 million, higher than $68.7 million at the previous quarter-end. Total stockholder's equity of the Company reduced from $115.0 million as at December 31, 2014 to $114.9 million as at March 31, 21015. In addition, cash, cash equivalents, short-term investments and restricted cash amounted to $28.1 million, reflecting a decline from $40.9 million at the end of previous quarter. Further, the Company had $32.1 million of unused borrowing capacity on its various credit facilities as of March 31, 2015.
- Outlook for Second Quarter 2015 - In Q2 2015, the Company expects revenue to be in the range of $43.0 million to $45.0 million. Non-GAAP gross margin is anticipated to be around 34% to 35%. Further, non-GAAP net income is projected to be in the range of $3.8 million to $4.5 million and non-GAAP fully diluted earnings per share is expected to be around $0.25 to $0.30, based on approximately 15.3 million shares.
To find out how this influences our rating on Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=AAOI
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.