OAK BROOK, Ill., March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, announced today the launch of its second-annual 31 Days of Color program. The month-long initiative offers daily paint color inspiration and expert design advice to encourage consumers to discover and embrace color in new and unique ways. Throughout the month of March, Ace will share its color expertise with consumers via interactive online experiences, including daily paint color reveals, giveaways, an exclusive paint color name game and a nationwide paint makeover sweepstakes.
"31 Days of Color provides consumers with an opportunity to discover color and design inspiration," said Ace Design Expert Julie Richard. "The newly re-designed Color Calendar, paired with our expert tips and advice, will enable consumers to uncover their love of color through a new interactive experience."
31 Days of Color Calendar
Ace is unveiling a new "Color of the Day" from its exclusive Clark+Kensington® and Valspar® paint lines each day throughout the month of March. Each color will be revealed daily at 12 a.m. EST through a refreshed, interactive color calendar available at www.thepaintstudio.com/31daysofcolor.
- "Color of the Day" Reveals: Daily colors will be revealed via an interactive online game that invites consumers to test their color knowledge by guessing if the names listed are paint colors from Ace's leading paint lines or something else!
- Mood Inspiration Boards: Each "Color of the Day" will be unveiled with a corresponding mood board that provides an in-depth look at each hue, with a curated assortment of room images and items to inspire consumers to tackle their own paint and color projects.
- Expert Tips: Ace's Design Experts, Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.) Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.) and Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.) and Valspar's Color Strategist, Sue Kim, are providing daily color and design tips.
- Blogger Projects: To showcase how color can truly transform a space, the calendar also includes links to DIY blogger projects in the featured paint colors to inspire consumers to take on colorful projects in their own home.
"We're excited to offer consumers a new experience as they uncover a variety of ways to use color within their homes," said Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim. "Along with Ace's Design Experts, I'm thrilled to be able to inspire and educate consumers as they become more confident with taking on color and design projects."
Paint Makeover Sweepstakes and Daily Gift Card Giveaways:
- Paint Makeover Sweepstakes: Consumers are encouraged to enter the 31 Days of Color Sweepstakes online at www.thepaintstudio.com/31daysofcolor every day in March. One winner will receive a $10,000 paint makeover, including a custom, in-person room design and color consultation by an Ace Design Expert, as well as the paint, supplies, labor and furnishings to complete the look in their home.*
- Daily Ace Gift Card Giveaways: Participants who enter to win the Paint Makeover Sweepstakes will be automatically entered into a daily gift card giveaway, valued at $100, $500 or $1,000 each.*
Personalized Color and Design Advice
Ace and Valspar will extend their expert color advice to consumers across the country during a Facebook chat. Consumers will be given the unique opportunity to share their questions about color and design and receive personalized tips from Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim. In addition, consumers that ask a question on the designated post during the chats will be entered to win a $100 Ace gift card.**
- Facebook Chat with Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim: Friday, March 18 from 1 – 2 p.m. EST on Ace's Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/acehardware
For more information on 31 Days of Color, Clark+Kensington, Valspar or Ace's Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, GUAM, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES) WHO ARE HOMEOWNERS AS OF 3/1/16 AND AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Begins 3/1/16 at 12:01 am ET and ends 3/31/16 at 11:59 pm ET. See Official Rules at www.thepaintstudio.com for additional eligibility restrictions, prize descriptions/restrictions/ARVs, odds disclosure and other details. Sponsored by Ace Hardware Corporation.
**Watch facebook.com/acehardware for details and Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Sponsored by Ace Hardware Corporation.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2015, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Nine Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
Clark+Kensington, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at Ace Hardware and was recommended by a leading consumer magazine in recent tests of interior paints. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum and offers simple color selection tools to help customers find their perfect color.
About The Valspar Corporation
The Valspar Corporation is a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality and the best customer service in the coatings industry.
About The Paint Studio at Ace
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers' neighborhood hardware stores. Available at participating locations.
SOURCE Ace Hardware