BOSTON, April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Family trips come in all shapes and styles, from action packed to museum hopping to chilling on the beach relaxing. But one thing they all do is create cherished memories for the entire family.
To celebrate all the moms who pass their love of travel on to their kids, Cheapflights.com, the leader in finding and publishing online travel deals, is marking Mother's Day with our picks for trips for moms and kids of all ages. Whether mom is an adventurer, a foodie, a gallery-goer or a relaxation queen and whether the kids are toddlers, tweens, teens or adults – or mom is in her golden years – we have a trip for you and yours at 10 best places to travel with your mom (at any age).
Here is a selection of our picks for Mom-and-kid-vacations at every stage of life:
- Mom and young kids – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: While kids of all ages will find something to do in sunny Myrtle Beach, this is a particularly ideal destination for moms with younger kids. Nearly 62 miles of beaches mean plenty of opportunities to play in the sand, swim or toss a Frisbee around as a family. Beyond beach-hopping, Myrtle Beach is home to plenty of other activities well suited to younger kids. Check out the oceanfront amusement park Family Kingdom, which offers over 30 rides and a water park, play a game of mini golf at one of the city's many courses or take a ride on the SkyWheel, a massive ferris wheel on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
- Mom and teenage kids – Belize: Compact, easy to travel around and filled with opportunities for eco-adventure, Belize is a worthwhile destination anytime, but for moms traveling with teens, it's particularly perfect. Belize Barrier Reef is the second largest in the world, so heading underwater is a must for anyone interested in spotting some of the most colorful fish you'll ever see. On land, you can spend your time visiting the country's many wildlife sanctuaries, ancient Mayan ruins (the largest number of ancient Mayan ruins of any country in Central America), national parks (for jungle hiking and zip lining) and Cayo District caves (for river tubing).
- Mom and twenty-something kids – Barcelona, Spain: Looking for a place filled to the brim with things to do and see? Barcelona has it all: stunning architecture, rich culture, amazing food and wine, beaches and a variety of neighborhoods, each with their own flavor and personality. Wander the Picasso Museum or the National Museum of Catalan Art, people-watch along Las Ramblas, shop and snack your way through La Boqueria and be wowed by Gaudi's architecture with a peek at Park Güell and La Pedrera.
- Mom and adult kids –Cape Town, South Africa: If ever there was a time for a big bonding trip, this is it. And Cape Town is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for an epic vacation. The city is home to Table Mountain, which you can opt to hike up or take a cable car to reach the summit. The views over the city are well worth the trip no matter how you get there. You'll also want to make time for the picturesque V & A Waterfront for restaurants, cafes, bars, shops and markets. Beaches are also a huge draw in Cape Town (check out Boulders Beach, just outside of town, for a chance to see penguins), as is the Old Biscuit Mill for shopping local, artisanal souvenirs and snacks. And if you really want to do it up, combine a visit to Cape Town with a weekend safari in Kruger National Park.
- Mom in her golden years – Palm Springs, California: Palm Springs might have a reputation as a top golfing spot, but there's plenty more to see here. Easy to explore on foot at whatever pace you're moving, Palm Springs is experiencing a culinary boom thanks to some innovative chefs, so foodies can get their fill. Fans of mid-century modern architecture will want to take a tour of the many architectural gems around the city, while anyone who just wants to get a real feel for the city's natural beauty should take in the epic views from the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
When it's a mom and kid trip, the opportunities to bond are tied to finding common ground and fun for all. As kids' interests change from water slides to wine tasting and from sand castles to heritage sites, the ideal trip for all evolves too. To help your travel planning keep up, check out the complete list of Cheapflights.com's 10 best places to travel with your mom (at any age) at www.cheapflights.com/news/the-best-trips-to-take-with-your-mom.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Founded in 1996, Cheapflights is a leading global flight comparison and deals publishing platform. It is now a market leader in the UK, U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand generating over $3 billion in global downstream revenue for its partners as it expands into numerous other territories. More than 120 million users visit its websites and apps each year, receiving more than two billion search results a month from across 900,000 routes. The 10 million strong opt-in subscribers to the Cheapflights newsletter receive the best deals from over 120 travel businesses – for whom it has driven more than $65 million in revenue this year. Together, the Cheapflights platforms generate enough bookings for its partners to fill a Boeing 747 every five minutes.
In 2011, Cheapflights became part of the privately owned online travel search and inspiration network, Momondo Group.
Follow us on: