NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Miniaturization of semiconductor devices–improved performance and reduced size"
The FinFET technology market is estimated to grow from USD 4.91 billion in 2015 to USD 35.12 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 26.2% between 2015 and 2022. The FinFET technology market is driven by factors such as miniaturization of semiconductor devices with increase in the performance, growing mobile and consumer electronics market, and high performance with lower current leakage than bulk technology.
"CPU with the FinFET technology to gain maximum traction during the forecast period"
CPUs manufactured using the FinFET technology are estimated to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. The market for GPUs is expected to gain traction and grow at the highest CAGR in the next six years. These are the most sustainable product segments for the FinFET technology market. CPUs have a wide range of applications in computers, smartphones (application processor), high-end networks such as servers, wearables and now automotive. Intel (U.S) manufactured the first CPU (Ivy Bridge processor and Haswell iCore CPU) using the 22nm FinFET technology. With the increasing demand for high performance in computers and tablets, chip manufacturers prefer to use FinFET technology. AMD (U.S.) confirmed the 14/16nm FinFET product design of its Zen CPUs which are expected to be launched in 2016.
APAC expected to witness highest growth during the forecast period
North America accounted for the majority market share of the overall FinFET technology market in 2015. The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. Asia-Pacific is a major manufacturing hub and expected to provide ample opportunities for the growth of FinFET technology. The growing demand for high performance in smartphones and automotive CPUs is driving the market in this region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews with key people were conducted. The break-up of profile of primary participants is as given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 22%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 33%
- By Designation: C level – 43%, Manager level – 57%
- By Region: North America – 12%, Europe – 38%, APAC – 25%, RoW – 25%
Due to the rise in the demand for FinFET chips in smartphones, computers, and tablets, the FinFET technology market finds huge opportunity to proliferate in the next six years.
Various key players in the FinFET technology market profiled in the report are as follows:
1. TSMC, Ltd. (Taiwan)
2. Samsung (South Korea)
3. Intel Corporation (U.S.)
4. GlobalFoundries (U.S.)
5. United Microelectronics Corporation (Taiwan)
6. Qualcomm Incorporated (U.S.)
7. MediaTek, Inc. (Taiwan)
8. ARM Holdings (U.K.)
9. Xilinx (U.S.)
10. SMIC (China)
The report would help key players/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the FinFET technology market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the size of the overall market and sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report would help stakeholders better understand a competitor and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03623795-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001