INDIANAPOLIS, Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Finish Line Youth Foundation (FLYF) announced today that it raised a record $1.7 million through its annual holiday fundraising drive, which was held in Finish Line retail stores nationwide and online at finishline.com from Nov. 7 through Dec. 31.
"This holiday season, Finish Line store employees put an amazing amount of energy into letting all of our customers know about the FLYF and how important it is in the lives of kids. Our customers responded with resounding support and donated a record amount, which is so gratifying especially considering that economic conditions remain challenging for many people," said FLYF Board President Bob Edwards.
FLYF is a not-for-profit organization that strives to make a difference in the lives of children throughout the United States. FLYF provides financial support for community-based youth athletic programs as well as camps for economically disadvantaged kids and those with special needs. In 2010, FLYF awarded grants to a wide variety of non-profit organizations, including:
- Camp Boggy Creek (Eustis, Florida): A year-round camp for seriously ill children and their families.
- Girls on the Run of Atlanta: A non-profit program for girls grades 3-8 that educates and prepares them for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living.
- Gleaners Food Bank (Indianapolis): The Gleaners "BackSacks" program ensures that each child has enough to eat over weekends and holidays when school meal programs are not offered.
- Riding Unlimited (Dallas): Riding Unlimited provides safe and affordable therapeutic horseback riding and carriage driving programs to children and adults with disabilities.
- Northwest Burn Foundation (Seattle): A summer camp for children that have been affected by burns.
- Heartspring (Wichita, Kansas): Partners with parents, professionals and the community to help children with special needs grow and learn on a path to a more independent life.
For more information about Finish Line or the Finish Line Youth Foundation, go to www.finishline.com/youthfoundation.
About Finish Line
Finish Line is a premium retailer of athletic shoes, apparel and accessories. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Finish Line operates 668 stores in malls across the United States. More than 11,000 Finish Line sneakerologists help customers each day connect with their sport, their life and their style. Online shopping is available at www.finishline.com and mobile shopping is available at m.finishline.com. Follow Finish Line on Twitter at Twitter.com/FinishLine and "like" Finish Line on Facebook at facebook.com/FinishLineUSA.
SOURCE Finish Line Youth Foundation