BOSTON, July 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- FinMason, a Boston-based FinTech and investment analytics firm, is partnering with FinTech Sandbox, a non-profit accelerator that makes financial data and infrastructure provided by its partners available for free to FinTech start-ups. FinTech Sandbox participants will utilize FinMason's enterprise solution, FinRiverTM, a set of flexible and lightning-fast investment analytics APIs with access to more than 700 analytical data types, including risk and performance metrics, aggregate factor exposures, scenario analyses and stress testing.
FinMason joins an impressive line-up of companies contributing to FinTech Sandbox program participants. Fidelity Investments, F-Prime Capital, Thomson Reuters, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon Web Services, Intel, Goodwin, and State Street are sponsors of the program.
ESSENTIAL BUILDING BLOCK
"Analytics is an essential building block for startups developing a quality financial technology product," said Jean Donnelly, Executive Director of FinTech Sandbox. "FinMason has a solid reputation in delivering world-class data and we are certain that their partnership with the Sandbox will be greatly utilized by our participants."
FinTech Sandbox offers data from 30 data partners, infrastructure from three partners, and collaborates with 11 accelerator programs. Over 85 startups from around the world have been accepted as residents in the two-years since FinTech Sandbox launched. Early participants include Kensho, Quantopian, and Elsen. The Sandbox doesn't charge fees or ask for equity from residents. Instead, residents are expected to collaborate with each other to share learning and promote advances that benefit the entire FinTech ecosystem. The six-month program includes:
- Access to a robust set of data feeds and APIs from a wide array of data providers
- Cloud hosting from industry-leading infrastructure partner AWS
- A commitment to give back to the FinTech community, including non-proprietary code and API contributions to shared GitHub repository to advance innovation
- Learning, networking, and collaboration opportunities in a dynamic FinTech community
- Demo days that offer startups the opportunity to showcase their products for a live, highly-qualified audience
"We have always admired the FinTech Sandbox and what they have been able to achieve," said Kendrick Wakeman, CFA, CEO and founder of FinMason. "The companies that are working with the FinTech Sandbox are some of the most innovative in the world. If we can help these companies grow and prosper, we are thrilled to contribute."
Companies interested in participating in the FinTech Sandbox program should contact, [email protected].
ABOUT FINMASON, INC.
FinMason is a Boston-based financial technology firm on a mission to solve the retirement crisis by helping investors and advisors make better decisions. Analytics are the key to good decisions, so FinMason is making robust, institutional-grade investment analytics a commodity accessible to everyone. FinMason's team of PhDs, economists, data scientists, engineers, and seasoned Wall Street veterans have harnessed the power of the latest technology platforms to deliver affordable, institutional-grade analytics at scale. They perform 700+ different analyses on virtually every publicly traded asset in the world and make the results available in milliseconds via three core products:
- FinRiver™, an easy to use suite of APIs that gives direct access to their analytics for use in a financial service firm's own products
- FinScore Pro™, a quick, easy and visual risk tolerance assessment and alignment platform that helps advisors and clients better understand each other
- FinScope™, a compliance screening and performance attribution solution that generates analytics on all the portfolios in a financial firm's system on a nightly basis
ABOUT FINTECH SANDBOX
FinTech Sandbox is a Boston-based nonprofit that promotes financial technology innovation globally by providing free access to critical data and resources to FinTech entrepreneurs and startups. The Sandbox has a network of over thirty partners who give access to their premium data sets to the startups that participate. Sponsors include, Fidelity Investments, F-Prime Capital, Thomson Reuters, Silicon Valley Bank, Amazon Web Services, Intel, Goodwin, and State Street.