CAMPBELL, Calif., Jan. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Dicom Systems (www.dcmsys.com) a Silicon Valley-based healthcare IT company and Teleradiology interoperability expert, introduces its newest product FireBridge™. Launched at RSNA'15, FireBridge™ enables any third party system in the Enterprise Imaging ecosystem to seamlessly integrate using the latest FHIR standards.
"As healthcare organizations strive for greater interoperability, the introduction of HL7's next generation standard, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) has garnered a lot of attention in the industry," said Dmitriy Tochilnik, Dicom Systems' President and CTO. "FHIR facilitates interoperability by providing an implementation framework, combining Web technologies with existing HL7 capabilities. We created FireBridge™ to aid in the implementation of FHIR, which makes any interface FHIR ready. Those entities that embrace FHIR will ultimately be able to communicate up-to-the minute data across disparate systems, increasing health care quality, increasing patient access and use of health information and improving outcomes."
- FireBridge™ translates to and from FHIR to HL7, DICOM, or any simple system event.
- FireBridge™ makes any interface FHIR-ready and DICOMweb-enabled.
- FireBridge™, combined with DICOMweb, lets third party applications upload any kind of standard data to the Dicom Systems Enterprise Imaging Suite and Vendor Neutral Archive.
- FireBridge™ extends the useful life of your current systems by bringing them up to the latest interoperability standards.
- Deploy FireBridge™ as a FHIR proxy for Radiology, Cardiology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and any other subspecialty connected to Enterprise Imaging.
- FireBridge™ securely connects all third party applications to the Dicom Systems VNA without VPNs, leveraging TLS, in full compliance with HIPAA regulation and standards.
About Dicom Systems, Inc:
Trusted by top healthcare facilities, and providing the most effective integrated workflow in digital imaging, Dicom Systems ensures that doctors, practitioners and diagnosticians have the most reliable and most immediate access to patient data from across their Healthcare Enterprises. The DCMSYS Enterprise Imaging Unifier network appliance (formerly DCMSYS DICOM and HL7 router) is a best-in-class device that facilitates the connection of information repositories via a DICOM/HL7/Scripting toolkit that can be administered remotely using a standard web browser. Studies, reports, orders, or any other patient data anywhere in the Enterprise are pulled and pushed automatically upon a set of user-defined criteria. The Unifier appliance then communicates between the various vendor RIS/HIS/EMR/EHR/PACS to retrieve and send the studies. For more information, please visit www.dcmsys.com.
Tanya Wehr, Dicom Systems, Inc. 415.684.8790, Email
SOURCE Dicom Systems