DALLAS, Feb. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dallas chapter of the American Advertising Federation honored Firehouse with seven ADDY Awards on February 17. The 2011 ADDY Awards recognized the Dallas advertising community for work in print, broadcast, television and interactive media.
The agency took home awards in several categories including:
- Gold ADDY Award for "Fish Rodeo" created for the Mason Family Reunion in the Collateral Material: Special Event Campaign category
- Silver ADDY Award for "Tight Fit" created for Interstate Batteries in the Television: Regional/National TV, Single - Consumer Products category
- Silver ADDY Award for "1 Million 4 Anna" created for the 1 Million 4 Anna campaign in the Public Service: Single Medium Campaign category
- Silver ADDY Award for "Born to Fight" created for Guy Mezger's Combat Sports in the Collateral Material: Campaign category
- Silver ADDY Award for "Fish Rodeo" created for the Mason Family Reunion in the Elements of Advertising: Logo category
- Silver ADDY Award for "It's a Guy Thing" created for Guy Mezger's Combat Sports in the Collateral Material: Campaign category
- Bronze ADDY Award for "Taco Foil" create for Stripes Convenience Stores in the Out-of-Home: Extension/Dimensional category
"We're thrilled to have been honored and recognized at the ADDYs," said Tripp Westbrook, executive creative director at Firehouse. "We challenge ourselves everyday to create work that stands apart and these awards are a nice validation that we're making it happen. I'm incredibly proud of our team and the creativity we bring to our clients day in and day out."
More than 400 entries were submitted in this year's competition. The gold and silver winners will move on to the regional ADDY Award competition and those winners will move on to national ADDY Awards.
Judges for this year's competition included Steffan Postear, Chairman & Chief Creative Officer of Euro RSCG Chicago; Dan Vargas, Founder of Vargas & Amigos; and Jeremy Seibold, Associate Creative Director at TDA.
With over 40,000 entries, the ADDYs are the world's largest advertising competition. The ADDYs are conducted by the American Advertising Federation, the oldest national advertising trade association, representing 40,000 professionals in the advertising industry with a national network of 200 ad clubs.
Firehouse is a collection of creative problem solvers who believe that every challenge, big or small, deserves a big idea. The agency utilizes a mix of creative, media, planning and public relations to force consumers to see brands in a whole new light. The agency's award-winning campaigns are grounded in insights and built to drive business results for clients. The agency was named "Agency of the Year" in the Southwest at Advertising Age's 2010 Small Agency Awards. Firehouse client partners include Interstate Batteries, Stripes Convenience Stores, Taco Cabana and Rug Doctor. Visit www.firehouseagency.com for more information.
About the Addy Awards
Founded in 1978, the Addy Awards is the premier award honoring outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions. The Addy Awards annually showcases the best work of the most respected advertising agencies, production companies, television stations, cable operators, and corporate video departments in the world.