HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FireScope Inc., the leader in aligning customers' technology performance to their business and customer experiences, today announced that FireScope solutions, including their SaaS offering Stratis, have been recognized as a "Value Leader" in both Business Impact Management and Technical Performance Analytics, as well as a "Strong Value" in Change Impact and Capacity Optimization in Enterprise Management Associates EMA Radar for Advanced Performance Analytics, Use Cases: Q4 2012.
This Radar addresses a much overlooked technology area that's sometimes confused with traditional "big data" investments and pure play application performance monitoring (APM). Advanced Performance Analytics (APA), as Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) defines it, brings real-time or near real-time "big data" to IT operations, architects, service managers and even applications development, as well as IT executives and non-IT business stakeholders. APA has evolved out of classic availability and performance management, but with a twist – rather than siloed approaches to monitoring and analysis, APA demands more expansive data collection, huge levels of analytical scalability and strong insights into cross-domain and/or business outcomes.
"With two clear Value Leader positions and one very strong Strong Value position, it is one of the very top performers in this EMA Radar," said Dennis Drogseth, Vice President at Enterprise Management Associates and the author of this Radar. He further states, "FireScope has also taken the bull by the horns when it comes to capitalizing on cloud scalability for empowering analytics with a designed-in flexibility that also supports multi-layered redundancy, elastic scalability and secure multi-tenancy. Moreover, FireScope has delivered fast time to value consistently to customers – and sometimes delivered in days what its competitors had failed to do over multiple months."
Advanced Performance Analytics looks at where advanced analytics have been applied to support three critical use cases:
- Technical Performance analytics (FireScope rated "Value Leader") – focused on optimizing the resiliency of critical application and business services—including VoIP and rich media—in cloud (public/private) as well as non-cloud environments with a strong focus on triage, diagnostics, roles supported, self-learning capabilities and associated automation. FireScope's unique Top-Down approach wherein every layer of the service stack is analyzed as a whole made it stand out in this category.
- Business Impact (FireScope rated "Value Leader") - including User Experience, Customer Experience and customer management, Business Process Impacts, Business Activity Management, and data such as revenue per transaction, abandonment rates, competitive impact, and IT operational efficiency. Due to the inclusion of an Enterprise Service Bus, FireScope was uniquely suited to collect and correlate key business data with technology performance, scoring it well in this category.
- Change impact and capacity optimization/planning (FireScope rated "Strong Value") - which are two use cases combined into one, but which share requirements in terms of understanding interdependencies across the application/service infrastructure as volumes increase, changes are made, and configuration issues arise and actions, including relevant automated actions, are required. FireScope Analytics, the on-demand predictive analytics component of the FireScope solution - featuring "What-if" scenario and genetic algorithms in its rich library of capabilities – enabled the solution to help customers understand how and where technology capacity can potentially block business growth.
"Cloud computing, elastic scalability, Big Data and other emerging technologies are forcing organizations to rethink how they manage their technology environments and EMA is the first analyst group to realize and adapt to this change," said Mark Lynd, President and COO of FireScope. "Traditional enterprise vendors, as seen in their lackluster performance in this Radar, are suffering from legacy architectures that are ill suited to adapt to this change. FireScope has proven that it is more than capable of stepping up to the plate and delivering value where they cannot or have not."
FireScope featured its cloud-based FireScope Stratis and FireScope Analytics for this EMA Radar, although use cases could also draw on its FireScope Unify and its CMDB capabilities in FireScope Orchestrate. The solution was able to score so well in a large field of 22 competitors due to the following unique differentiated capabilities:
- Big Data architecture, enabling it to easily scale to support any size environment without impacting performance and with no upper limit to scale.
- Three-layer elastic scalability at the user experience, application and storage tiers.
- Built-in support for secure multi-tenancy, and extensively implementing automation to simplify the process of deploying new customers or tenants.
- Insight and visibility into the business implications of events and performance in terms of lost revenue, productivity and regulatory risk and enabling you to analyze capacity in terms of forecasted business growth.
FireScope's detailed profile in the APA Radar can be read at http://www.firescope.com/APA/.
FireScope is the leader in aligning customers' technology performance to their business and customer experiences through highly innovative, on-demand solutions. FireScope's suite of products includes three primary enterprise offerings: FireScope Stratis™ – The only Cloud-Era Service Performance Management (SPM) solution; FireScope Unify™ Business Service Management (BSM) - your dashboard for enterprise IT strategy; FireScope Orchestrate™ Configuration Management Database (CMDB) - your playbook for IT Operations. FireScope Inc., headquartered in Huntington Beach, California has offices in Sydney, New York, Dallas and London. To learn more about FireScope and its advanced Service Performance Management solutions, visit http://www.firescope.com or call 877-780-3473.
© Copyright 2012 FireScope, Inc. All rights reserved. FireScope Stratis, FireScope Unify, FireScope Orchestrate, FireScope Comply, FireScope Analytics, Manage What Matters Now are trademarks or registered trademarks of FireScope, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
SOURCE FireScope Inc.