COLUMBIA, Md., Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The editor of Fitness Weight Loss Center (http://fitnessweightlosscenter.com), Douglas Millington, successfully completed the educational requirements set forth by the National Exercise & Sports Trainer Association (NESTA) and has demonstrated understanding and aptitude regarding the requirements to become a Fitness Nutrition Coach (FNC).
The FNC educational program increases the nutrition knowledge and principals enabling Fitness Weight Loss Center editor Douglas Millington to apply nutritional concepts in the coach/client relationship. In addition, the FNC designation facilitates making general macronutrient intake recommendations, identifying healthy eating patterns and behaviors and educating the client/visitors on making proper food choices.
The FNC nutritional training includes the following core components:
- Nutrition Concepts - The process of nutrition, basic energy requirements, anaerobic and aerobic energy, energy and ATP, ATP and nutrition and applications for clients.
- Understanding Components of Nutrition - The macronutrients, carbohydrates and glucose needs, protein and amino acids, fats and their vital role in human function, water as a macronutrient and the Glycemic Index.
- Nutritional Requirements - Vitamins from foods consumed and mineral intake requirements.
- Assessing Nutritional Needs - Body Composition, BMI and approaching change in biometrics.
- Understanding Alternative Approaches - Supplement usage and ergogenic aids.
- Performance Nutrition - Easy-to-learn math formulas for Fitness Nutrition Coaches and practical suggestions for optimizing performance.
When asked how the FNC designation will improve the visitor's experience at FitnessWeightLossCenter.com Douglas Millington said, "With more and more folks becoming overweight and obese the need for fundamental nutritional information is essential to getting healthy. My increased understanding of the core components of nutrition allows me to dispel nutritional and diet myths and expose fad diets' fundamental nutritional deficiencies, allowing our visitors to make informed decisions about getting healthy and fit."
FitnessWeightLossCenter.com provides nutritional, fitness, weight loss, diet, health and motivational information to help individuals achieve their healthy lifestyle goals. Founded by Douglas Millington in January 2010 the site uses a combination of articles, videos, podcasts and images to accommodate the learning style of its visitors. For more information, please visit http://fitnessweightlosscenter.com/.
Since 1992, the National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association (NESTA) has been a leader in innovative solutions for fitness, nutrition and wellness professionals, as well as club owners. Founded by John Spencer Ellis, NESTA now has more than 55,000 members in 55 countries, and it is one of the largest fitness associations in the world, as well as the fastest growing association of its kind in the United States. For more information on NESTA, please visit http://www.nestacertified.com/.