DALLAS, Oct. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The US Census estimates that 40 million children between the ages of 5 and 14 will go treat-or-treating this year. Planning parties, purchasing costumes and decorating the house in preparation for all the little ghosts and goblins can be scary. To help, DealTaker.com has a Halloween page filled with coupons, deals, and tips to save when planning your Halloween fun:
- Dress-up for less - Look for special offers online for costumes. Many online costume retailers like Costume Express and Buy Costumes have clearance sales for certain costumes or offer promotional codes for extra savings on the most popular costumes.
- Skip the candy - Consider less expensive alternatives to candy. Trinkets like Silly Bandz, pencils/erasers or bubbles not only cost less, but can be fun options to traditional sugary treats.
- Safety first - Reflective safety stickers are fun and less expensive than glow sticks or flashlights. Check retailers like Smile Makers or 4imprint for special Halloween designs.
- Haunt the house - Buying spooky Halloween decorations can add up; instead consider buying after-Halloween sale items or making your own homemade items. Find creative ideas at Spirit Halloween and Fright Catalog.
- Party time - To save when hosting a Halloween party, try co-hosting the event with friends, making treats instead of buying, and purchasing small party items in bulk at a dollar stores like Dollar Tree. Plus, websites like Kaboose and Family Fun offer a variety of free party ideas.
According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), consumers are expected to spend an average of $72.31 on Halloween costumes, decorations and candy this year, but with Halloween coupons from DealTaker.com, they can save both time and money on almost everything purchased.
DealTaker.com is the premier destination for consumers looking to spend less and get more. A free coupon site for shoppers to share and take deals, DealTaker.com makes it easy to save on merchandise and services including food, travel, electronics, home furnishings, jewelry and pet supplies, among others. Founded in Texas in 2004, DealTaker.com works with more than 3,200 stores to provide over 27,000 active coupons and deals every day.