BROOKLYN, N.Y., May 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc., a leading plumbing and heating company serving Brooklyn and Manhattan since 1906, wants to help homeowners prevent the five top plumbing issues that occur during the spring.
"By doing just a few checks inside and outside the home, you can prevent costly plumbing repairs and damage to your dwelling," said Michael Petri, owner of Petri Plumbing & Heating. "Just think of it as an extension to your spring cleaning."
Petri Plumbing offers the following tips to help homeowners avoid the top five spring plumbing problems:
- Check the bathrooms – Check the toilet for leaks by placing a few drops of food coloring into the tank. If the water in the toilet bowl changes colors after 30 minutes, that is a sign that there is an issue with the components in the reservoir. It is wise to call a licensed plumber to diagnose the problem and repair it correctly.
- Protect the sewer line from tree roots – Spring showers may bring May flowers, but they also can cause major issues with tree roots blocking the underground sewer lines. Trees sit dormant during the winter months, but when the weather starts to warm up the tree roots begin to reach out in search of water. It is recommended to have the sewer lines serviced and inspected before the weather heats up and the roots grow into the pipes.
- Inspect all the faucets – A leaky faucet does not only make an annoying drip sound, but it can also lead to higher utility bills. Check for moisture around the outside of the faucet. Since a faucet may have leaks hidden from view, it is wise to check under and around the sink for wet spots or warped cabinetry.
- Test the sump pump – Make sure the sump pump is primed and ready to work. A simple way to check the pump is to pour a bucket of water into the sump pit. The pump should turn on and begin removing the water out and turn off automatically when it is complete. If it is discovered that the pump is not working properly, do not hesitate to call a licensed plumber to repair or replace it.
- Evaluate the hose bib – During the winter the outdoor hose faucet is very susceptible to freezing and cracking. Look at the outside of the faucet and down the wall of the home to see if there is evidence of a leak. This can cause damage not only to the outside of the home but if leaking enough; it can also cause damage to the foundation.
For Brooklyn residents who want a hand inspecting the plumbing of their homes, a professional from Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. can assess the situation and recommend a solution.
For more information call Petri Plumbing at 718-748-1254.
About Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is a family owned and operated business serving Brooklyn and the New York City area. Founded in 1906, the company offers a 100 percent guarantee on all services, upfront pricing, and friendly and knowledgeable Service Experts for all kinds of home and business plumbing and heating needs. Services offered include water and gas pipe leak repair and installation, fixture installations, inspections, boiler repair, water heater installation, complete bathroom, kitchen, laundry & utility room remodeling and more. Petri is also licensed and certified by Green Plumbers USA, the first in New York City to receive this designation. For more information, please visit www.petriplumbing.com or call 718-748-1254.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/five-plumbing-problems-you-want-to-avoid-this-spring-300461927.html
SOURCE Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc.