LONDON, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AMA Research have published the 3rd edition of the report 'Flat Roofing Market Report – UK 2015-2019 Analysis', which provides an informed and up-to-date analysis of the flat roofing market and includes a review of the recent market performance, influencing factors and forecasts until 2019.
Key issues analysed include:
• Market overview and forecasts by area installed to 2019 – analysis of the market including recent developments plus forecasts and market drivers.
• Analysis of key product groups – sector sizes, product mixes & trends and supply chains for waterproofing membranes & felts and insulation.
• Review of end use markets – area installed by sector e.g. dwellings, commercial and industrial and by application i.e. newbuild, refurbishment & RMI.
• Review of the flat roofing supply chain – sector structure; manufacturers & suppliers, merchants and contractors. Identification of leading companies in each key sector with market share estimates.
Areas of insight include:
• Analysis of recent market performance 2013 and 2014, by volume and market size by value.
• Forecast of market size and trends - 2015 to 2019.
• Factors affecting the market and analysis of key market characteristics.
• Key product sector analysis – focus on waterproofing membranes, also review of insulation and vapour control layers. Market sector sizes, product mixes and profiles, influences and trends, distribution.
• Review of manufacturers and suppliers of waterproofing and insulation – company profiles, turnovers, market shares, etc.
• Review of distribution structure and key distributors e.g. roofing merchants, builders merchants, specialist distributors
• Overview of flat roof contracting – sector structure and review of leading contractors.
Key areas covered in the report include:
UK FLAT ROOFING MARKET OVERVIEW
• Flat roofing market – key characteristics of the market, analysis by area installed from 2010 to 2014
• Key product groups reviewed – focus on waterproofing membranes & felts and insulation and coverage of vapour control layers and green roof systems.• Market trends and major factors influencing market development – e.g. commercial & industrial newbuild and refurbishment, UK flats stock levels, flats construction, skills shortages, impact of Part L 2013 changes
• Market forecasts – estimates for 2015 & prospects up to 2019 by volume/area, key factors influencing future prospects, areas of growth and decline e.g. Part L 2013.
• Imports of bitumen felt by country.
FLAT ROOFING SYSTEM ELEMENTS
• Review of waterproofing membranes – by type by area installed; review of products within each sector including; annual trends in area installed and underpinning market factors: bitumen membranes, single ply membranes, liquid waterproofing and others (mastic asphalt and GRP).
• Review of supply chains and key suppliers for each product sector with a focus on imports.
• Review of thermal insulation sector – by type by area installed; review of products within each sector including; annual trends in area installed and underpinning market factors: PIR boards, stone wool, XPS etc. Review of supply chains and key suppliers for each product sector.
• Other flat roofing elements – overview of use of other components e.g. vapour control layers.
END USE APPLICATIONS
• Overview of mix by application e.g. housing, commercial and industry by area installed.
• Review of each end user sector e.g. mix & trends in newbuild, refurbishment & RM
• Home extensions, review of opportunities.
SUPPLY AND DISTRIBUTION REVIEW
• Identification of key manufacturers of membranes and insulation – market shares estimated for each, turnovers, company structure, key areas of specialization etc.
• Supplier reviews for 30+ manufacturers and suppliers of membranes and top 8 for insulation. Particular focus on importers.
• Overview of distribution mix for flat roofing products - review of the key suppliers e.g. roofing merchants and builders' merchants, specialist distributors, DIY stores. Estimates of shares.
FLAT ROOFING CONTRACTOR OVERVIEW
• Overview of sector structure and review of the top 30 flat roofing contractors in the sector.
The market for flat roofing has shown some slight improvement over the last two years, having grown by around 3.5% in volume terms. Since 2012, key areas of growth in demand have included commercial offices, schools, leisure facilities, warehouses and infrastructure buildings. However, maintenance and repair work is also a key area of activity. Basic repair work by jobbing builders, using traditional bitumen felts, as opposed to higher performing reinforced bitumen membranes (RBMs) is a significant factor in the market and will have helped to sustain the market in recent years.
Over the medium term, to 2019, it forecast that demand will increase owing to growth in the development of key new build markets, notably industrial buildings and commercial offices, internet warehousing, free schools & city academies, university buildings and leisure facilities. In the industrial sector, it is anticipated that there will be a surge in growth in advanced manufacturing and R&D. Contractors output in the education sector is also expected to grow, mainly due to greater capital commitments among universities and free schools and also city academies.
The supply of waterproofing membranes is concentrated among relatively few suppliers, which are also key suppliers of vapour control layers, and the supply of insulation products is also limited to a relatively small number of UK manufacturers. While there is significant production of bitumen membranes and felts in the UK, import levels are significant, in particular within the single membrane and liquid waterproofing sectors.
Distribution is largely split between the specialist roofing merchants and general builders' merchants, typically supplying smaller contractors and general builders, and also direct sales to contractors working on large projects. The contracting sector is polarised between a large number of very small, local firms and a relatively small number of national and large regional businesses. However, with the commercial and industrial sector accounting for around three quarters of installations, there are fewer companies providing flat roofing services.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3516870/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48