WELLINGTON, Fla., Aug. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Kenny's Dream Foundation, Inc. (KDF), a 501c3 non-profit organization that helps those diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome (TS), announced today their 2017 college scholarship recipients and next fundraising event.
- Apostolos-Christos Lianos received a $1500.00 scholarship to Carroll University in WI and is majoring in Pre-Law.
- Brianna Gallagher received a $1500.00 scholarship to Endicott College in MA and is majoring in Bio-Engineering.
- Jonathan Thetford received a $1500.00 scholarship to University of Central Florida and is majoring in Physics and a minoring in Astronomy.
- Noah Williams received a $1000.00 scholarship to Lock Haven University in PA and is undecided about his major but is leaning toward Accounting.
- Krista Morey received a $1000.00 scholarship to Eastern Michigan University and is majoring in Info Assurance and Cyber Defense.
- Megan Youngblood received a $1000.00 scholarship to Belmont University and is majoring in Music Therapy.
"We are so happy to be able to help these very deserving individuals accomplish their dreams. They have all worked so hard to overcome many obstacles in their lives and we wish them all the best." says Dawn Sgarlata, Founder and President of KDF.
You can read excerpts of their applications on KDF's facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/kennysdreamfoundation
KDF also sponsored 5 kids to Camp Twitch and Shout this year and 1 kid to a camp in PA. "These camp experiences create lasting friendships and is a place for true understanding for kids with Tourette's, which we feel is so important to their emotional well-being," says Dawn Sgarlata.
To raise funds for next year, KDF is hosting their 3rd Annual Fundraiser Dinner/Dance on October 13, 2017 in Lantana, FL. The cost is $30.00 pp and includes dinner, dancing, entertainment along with wonderful raffle and silent auction items. Tickets must be purchased in advance as seating is limited.
Information can be found on their website http://kennysdreamfoundation.org/fundraisers/.
Kenny's Dream Foundation, Inc. was formed in memory of Kenny Boyajian, the brother of founder Dawn Sgarlata and is a 501c3 non-profit organization whose mission is to help those affected by Tourette Syndrome, by providing scholarships and camp tuition to children and adults with TS, while promoting awareness and acceptance. EIN# 46-4645943
SOURCE Kenny’s Dream Foundation, Inc. (KDF)