SAN FRANCISCO, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Focus.com, the leading community for business expertise, with more than 1 million members and over 5,000 business and technology experts, today announced it will be hosting an expert roundtable teleconference this week, "The Online Gambling Industry Explained". The event will be taking place live on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 1 PM EDT / 10 AM PDT, and will be open for free to all Focus.com members and experts.
The Focus Expert Roundtable will address the history of today's online gaming market; how Las Vegas feels about online gaming; "Black Friday" and its meaning for the online gaming business; what the online gaming business will look like in 2012; and recent US government gaming legislation.
Michael Damphousse, CEO & CMO of Green Leads, will moderate the panel discussion with four of the world's leading authorities on the online gambling industry answering several questions in real time, including:
- David G. Schwartz, Director of the Center for Gaming Research at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas; areas of specialty include the history of gambling, casino surveillance and security, gaming and technology, casinos and social media, and related issues.
- Dan Michalski, Founder/Editor of Pokerati.com ; journalist, blogger, and consultant on media and gaming; Pokerati covers a wide range of poker issues, with a focus on law and politics and their impact on recreational and professional players alike.
- John Pappas, Executive Director of the Poker Players Alliance (PPA); he has been engaged in high-level policy and political consulting in Washington, D.C., for the last 13 years.
- Greg Raymer, Winner of the 2004 World Series of Poker (WSOP); collected the largest purse ever paid at the time to a winner of a poker tournament: $5 million. He is currently a contributor on the 2+2 Poker Forum and is also on the Board of Directors for the Poker Players Alliance.
"With our growing roster of Focus Experts across industries, we are thrilled to offer this week's teleconference on the online gaming industry, especially in light of recent US government gaming legislation," said Scott Albro, CEO of Focus. "Not only is it our mission to offer top-notch business expertise—via these online events, published research and direct access to proven industry experts—we also want to ensure that Focus members have their finger on the pulse of current business news."
The Focus Expert Roundtables are 45-minute teleconference events, and for each, there is one Lead Expert and two to four Expert Panelists. The Lead Expert moderates four to seven questions and drives the discussion as the Expert Panelists weigh in with thoughts, answers and feedback of their own. Questions asked during the event are also posted on Focus.com, and Expert Panelists will continue to answer questions on the site following the event.
It is entirely free to join Focus.com, and members can listen live to the teleconference, download the audio file and read the transcript. Additionally, all Roundtable transcripts are made available to members for free following each event via stylized PDF documents.
Participants can access The Online Gambling Industry Explained teleconference via the following lines:
- Toll-free Dial-In Number: (866) 951-1151
- International Dial-In Number: (201) 590-2255
- United Kingdom: +44 08003581576
- Conference Number: 4999006
For more information about the Focus Expert Roundtable events, and to access instructions on how to register as a Focus business expert, as well as gain access to the latest business research and expertise on the Focus network as a member, please visit www.focus.com.
Focus.com is the leading online business professional network that consists of two interconnected groups – a membership base of more than 1 million business professionals and the highly-acclaimed Focus Expert Network, which features more than 5,000 of the most-recognized business and technology experts across every business category. Focus.com is ad-supported and entirely free to join. Within its engaged business community, members interact with each other and Focus experts to make more-informed business decisions.
To become a Focus expert, the Focus.com staff conducts an evaluation of the background and credentials of each candidate in their respective industry. In addition to free access to world-class business advice, Focus.com also offers real-time Q&A, industry research, relevant product and service information and personalized support. For more information, and to register to become a member or Focus expert, please visit http://www.focus.com/.