NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Despite its negative impact on inflation, the on-going price activity in the market will start to result in a recovery in volumes. In a sector once reliant on inflation for consistent growth, grocers will experience the slowest rates of value growth since the mid-1990s, at least until 2017, when the sector will return to a more normal pattern.
- Use our market share and channels of distribution to find out which retailers and channels are set to grow or decline significantly in the next 5 years
- Assess your competitive strategies in the light of our grocery market data by retailer type, space and store number
- Discover our comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the food and grocery market over the next five years
- Identify the market growth drivers and inhibitors and implement our strategies to improve sales growth potential
Both a driver and an inhibitor, the global trend for commodity price rises will limit the longevity of any price investment made by the Big Four supermarkets, as there is little room to dilute margin and only so far cost cutting can go.
Growth rates for the discounters will slow significantly in the coming years. New customers will be harder to come by as their acceptance among consumers has increased significantly. Fresh food will be a battleground for the discounters.
Reasons To Buy
- What is the food and grocery market size and how will it develop over the next five years?
- What is the direction of growth in food and grocery expenditure by category over the next five years?
- Which channels have performed the best over the last five years, and which channels have seen their share of the market decline?
- What are the key issues that will impede or maximize future growth opportunities?
- What strategies can I put in place to help drive sales and protect sales densities and profitability from falling?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03599822-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001