DEARBORN, Mich., May 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- American Axle & Manufacturing was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 21st annual Ford World Excellence Awards. AAM was presented with a Sustainability Award by Hau Thai-Tang, Ford chief product development and purchasing officer and Linda Cash, Ford vice president, quality and new model programs.
"AAM is committed to developing technologies that are lighter, smaller, smarter and more fuel efficient while still delivering top vehicle performance," said David C. Dauch, AAM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We are honored to receive Ford's Sustainability Award and will continue to support our customers with industry-leading Driveline, Metal Forming and Casting technologies."
"Ford's annual World Excellence Awards recognize our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success," said Thai-Tang. "Suppliers like AAM play an instrumental role in helping us achieve our vision of being the most trusted mobility company."
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in 10 categories, including:
- Quality, sustainability, safe and smart categories for suppliers that demonstrate leadership in Ford's primary brand pillars
- Aligned business framework for suppliers that most exemplify the framework's principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that delivered results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year to honor suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year
AAM (NYSE: AXL) delivers POWER that moves the world. As a leading global tier 1 automotive supplier, AAM designs, engineers and manufactures driveline, metal forming and casting technologies that are making the next generation of vehicles smarter, lighter, safer and more efficient. Headquartered in Detroit, AAM has over 25,000 associates operating at nearly 90 facilities in 17 countries to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership. To learn more, visit aam.com.
Media Contact: Andrea Knapp, [email protected], 248 321 5653
SOURCE American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.