HOUSTON, Nov. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- All internet connected devices run the risk of being hacked, and this includes IP cameras. Over the last few years, IP cameras have become more secure and reliable under the premise that users adopt basic security practices.
IP cameras are designed to watch out for what matters most to us. Consumers want to ensure that they adequately secure their IP cameras and their privacy. The most important step that all IP camera users can and should immediately follow to secure their cameras includes:
Making your IP camera more secure by renaming the default username and password.
The Foscam team routinely engages with network professionals around the world to perform security testing on their cameras and Foscam takes security very seriously. Taking security precautions should be something that users should also take seriously, and this can be done by taking proper security measures in accordance to Foscam's security recommendations.
In addition to renaming default names and passwords, here are five steps Foscam recommends to ensure the security of your camera and prevent various types of hacking and unauthorized access. Foscam strongly recommends customers safeguard their privacy by taking the following steps to secure their cameras:
- Make sure your camera has the latest firmware installed. Firmware updates protect against various types of online hacking and unauthorized access. You can download Foscam's latest firmware from: www.foscam.us/firmware.html
- Always change the default username and/or password as soon as you setup your camera. Input a username and/or password that is at least 8–10 characters or longer. Try to use a combination of lower-case and upper-case letters as well as numbers and special characters to create a complex password that is not easily cracked or guessed.
- Make sure your camera has the latest security firmware installed for your specific camera model. The latest firmware for Foscam cameras utilizes protection against various types of online hacking and unauthorized access.
Step1: Go to our official download center http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx
Step2: Check the model and current firmware version of your camera carefully, and then choose the right firmware to download
Step3: Unzip the firmware RAR file. There will be firmware files and upgrade guidance. Please follow the guidance carefully to upgrade the firmware.
- Change your default port to a port in the 8100 or greater range. Hackers often target default ports and you do not want to make yourself an easy target. By using a non-standard port it will make it more difficult for hackers to find your camera.
- Check the logs of your Foscam cameras often. Foscam cameras have embedded logs which allow you to see exactly which IP addresses are accessing the camera. You will be able to tell if an outsider has gained access to your camera.
"Don't hesitate to take action that will secure your camera, so that you can achieve the peace of mind that you deserve," said Ben Chen, Marketing Manager at Foscam China.
Foscam produces a range of different IP cameras, baby monitors and NVRs. Foscam is short for Focus Camera. We continuously strive to be an ethical business with superior customer service. Foscam produces video products that are affordable to buy and easy to use. For more information about Foscam, visit www.foscam.com.
Company Name:Foscam Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: US Toll Free: 1-800 930 0949
US/Canada sales: (+1)713 893 7869
US/Canada Support:(+1) 713 893 7866
US Sales/Support: (+44)203 627 0947