DETROIT, April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Members of the North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year jury are delighted to welcome four new judges:
- Paul Brian, "Drive Chicago" on WLS Radio and "His Turn, Her Turn" on ABC/Disney owned and operated TV stations
- Jodi Lai, managing editor, Autoguide
- Gary Vasilash, Automotive Design & Production magazine and "Autoline" TV
- Al Vazquez, FAMA magazine and video.
Brian, Lai, Vasilash and Vazquez bring years of experience, a history of insightful work and bring a range of new outlets serving a variety of audiences to the jury. With their addition, the jury is at its maximum of 60 members.
The North American Car and Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year awards honor excellence in innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value. Initiated in 1994, they are the longest-running awards not associated with a single publication. Each year new-model vehicles are judged by a diverse base of professional automotive journalists from the United States and Canada who report for magazines, television, radio, newspapers and web outlets.
The diversity of the jurors' outlets and areas of specialization provide broad and deep viewpoints.
The 2017 award winners were:
- North American Car of the Year: Chevrolet Bolt
- North American Truck of the Year: Honda Ridgeline
- North American Utility Vehicle of the Year: Chrysler Pacifica.
Jurors are already evaluating new vehicles eligible for the 2018 honors. Finalists for the 2018 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year will be announced at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November. Winners will be announced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Jan. 14, 2018.
Reach the new jury members:
- Paul Brian - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jodi Lai - email@example.com
- Gary Vasilash - gsv@ADandP.media
- Al Vazquez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridgestone Americas, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of world's largest tire and rubber company Bridgestone Corporation, is the presenting sponsor of the North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year awards. Bridgestone is a leading supplier of original equipment tires in the North American market and globally, delivering innovation and performance that meets the needs of the company's customer base.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/four-auto-experts-join-north-american-car-truck-and-utility-vehicle-of-the-year-jury-300437755.html
SOURCE North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year