ASHEVILLE, N.C., Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Four Seasons Plumbing, a family-owned and -operated plumbing company serving the Asheville and Hendersonville areas, encourages homeowners to be cognizant of the pipes in their homes as temperatures drop this winter.
Frozen and burst pipes are a common issue when it comes to home repairs in the winter, and they can result in property loss and thousands spent repairing water damage and remediation services to prevent mold form forming. However, there are steps homeowners can to prevent a disaster.
"Each year, temperatures can drop below freezing and be problematic for homeowners," said Max Rose, owner of Four Seasons Plumbing. "Many will remember to turn their thermostats up to fight the cold inside their home, but often times homeowners will forget to prep for the potential of a frozen pipe."
As 2021 inches further into the colder months of the year, Rose recommends the following tips to help prevent pipes from freezing:
- Let water drip from the faucet: One of the most commonly known tactics to keep pipes from freezing is to let the water drip from the faucet. This keeps a constant flow of water moving through the system. Areas of interest for leaving the faucet dripping include the kitchen, bathroom and laundry areas.
- Open interior doors: Pipes can be located behind cabinets. Open cabinet doors to allow heat to warm the pipes. Open bedroom doors as well to circulate heat throughout the house.
- Seal up any cracks around pipes: It is important to seal holes on the interior and exterior portion of the wall or floor where pipes run. Use caulk or spray to fill these holes.
- Add extra insulation inside the house: Insulation can help provide more heat to the home. Attics, crawl spaces and basements are great places to add extra insulation.
- Keep the heat running: While it may not be generous on your energy bill, leaving the heat running can help keep interior pipes warm. If the home is going to be unoccupied for a long period of time, keep the heat running while it is empty and ensure it stays at or above 55 degrees.
"Preventing your pipes from freezing is an easy thing to do," Rose said. "Following simple steps such as letting water drip from the faucet can prevent the stress of repairing pipes. That energy can be used for achieving your New Year's resolutions."
Four Seasons Plumbing follows strict health and safety guidelines in order to continue providing the Asheville area with essential plumbing maintenance, repair and installation service during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. For more information about Four Seasons Plumbing, visit http://callfourseasons.com or call (828) 216-3894.
About Four Seasons Plumbing
Four Seasons Plumbing is a family-owned and operated home services company serving Asheville and Hendersonville areas. Four Seasons Plumbing has established itself as the leader in providing reliable, professional plumbing services throughout the entire Asheville and Hendersonville area and surrounding communities. We pride ourselves on a commitment to customer service and can answer any and all of your plumbing needs, even emergencies. For more information, call 1-828-216-3894 or visit http://callfourseasons.com.
(865) 977-1973 (office); (606) 302-3643 (cell)
SOURCE Four Seasons Plumbing