MIAMI, Oct. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS, LTS PrA) ("Ladenburg"), a publicly-traded diversified financial services company, in conjunction with its independent broker-dealer subsidiaries Investacorp, Inc., Triad Advisors, Inc., Securities America, Inc., KMS Financial Services, Inc., and Securities Services Network, Inc., hosted its fourth annual Ladenburg Institute of Women & Finance Symposium on October 21st and 22nd at the Intercontinental Magnificent Mile in Chicago.
"This event has proven to be an excellent resource for facilitating educational opportunities and networking support to back advisors affiliated with our independent broker-dealers," said Jaime Desmond, COO of Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management. "Thanks to the commitment of our event sponsors, the insights of our accomplished speakers, and the dedication of our advisors, the Ladenburg Institute of Women & Finance Symposium is truly advancing the agenda for women in finance."
The event brought together top women financial advisors from across Ladenburg's independent brokerage and advisory firms to empower them with new strategies for promoting business growth and personal achievement.
Over the course of two days, a compelling group of speakers discussed the financial services landscape and the unique challenges facing female advisors, including individual brand development, building lasting relationships with clients, and conquering the confidence gap faced by professional women.
- Aimee Cohen, author of "Woman UP! Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success," discussing the strategies for overcoming self-defeating patterns of behavior.
- Generational expert Hannah Ubl leading a discussion on the financial habits of the Greatest Generation to Millennials and everyone in between, and sharing strategies on how to retain and grow an increasingly diverse customer base when wealth changes hands.
- Danny Prosky, founding managing director of American Healthcare Investors LLC, reviewing the U.S. healthcare economy and identifying opportunities in healthcare reform.
- Personal finance expert Terry Savage illustrating the power of personality selling and customizing client conversations to enhance relationships and increase productivity.
- Branding expert Brad Nix sharing his insight on the importance of personal branding.
- Award-winning motivational speaker Amanda Gore delivering an address on waking up what matters in business and life.
As it has in previous years, The Ladenburg Institute for Women & Finance also introduced new mentors and mentees through the LIFT Mentoring Program. This innovative program pairs younger advisors and career changers with more seasoned advisors who can share their experiences and provide advice throughout the next year.
About Ladenburg Thalmann:
Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. (NYSE MKT: LTS, LTS PrA) is a publicly-traded diversified financial services company based in Miami, Florida. Ladenburg's subsidiaries include industry-leading independent broker-dealer firms Securities America, Inc., Triad Advisors, Inc., Investacorp, Inc., KMS Financial Services, Inc., Securities Services Network, Inc., as well as Premier Trust, Inc., Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management, Highland Capital Brokerage, Inc., a leading independent life insurance brokerage company, and Ladenburg Thalmann & Co., Inc., an investment bank which has been a member of the New York Stock Exchange for 135 years. The company is committed to investing in the growth of its subsidiaries while respecting and maintaining their individual business identities, cultures and leadership. For more information, please visit www.ladenburg.com.
SOURCE Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc.