CAXIAS DO SUL, Brazil, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fras-le S.A., listed on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange (BM&FBovespa) under ticker symbols FRAS3 and FRAS4, a Randon group company that is Latin America's largest and one of the world's leading manufacturers of friction materials, announces its results for the second quarter of 2011 (2Q11) and the period from January through 2011 (1H11). Except where stated otherwise, the operating and financial information is presented on a consolidated basis and the amounts are expressed in Brazilian reais, in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the accounting practices adopted in Brazil. Comparisons are with the first quarter of 2011 (1Q11), the second quarter of 2010 (2Q10) and the period from January through June 2010 (1H10).
KEY 2Q11 RESULTS
- Total gross revenue before consolidation: R$201.3 million, up 13.0% on 1Q11 and 9.9% on 2Q10;
- Consolidated net revenue: R$145.8 million, up 9.1% on 1Q11 and 7.4% on 2Q10;
- Net revenue from the domestic market: R$79.9 million, 10.6% higher than in both 1Q11 and 2Q10;
- Net revenue from the foreign market: R$65.9 million, up 7.3% on 1Q11 and 3.8% on 2Q10;
- Fras-le Brasil Exports (FOB): US$32.4 million, up 12.4% on 1Q11 and 7.9% on 2Q10;
- Sales in foreign markets (exports and units abroad): US$41.3 million, up 9.8% on 1Q11 and 15.6% on 2Q10;
- EBITDA: R$19.6 million, up 14% on 1Q11 and down 17.6% from 2Q10;
- Consolidated gross profit: R$37.9 million, up 13.2% on 1Q11 and down 10.8% from 2Q10;
- Consolidated net income: R$14.8 million, up 42.1% on 1Q11 and down 6.9% from 2Q10.
2Q11 Results Conference Call
August 5, 2011, 10:00 a.m. (Brasilia)
(55 11) 2188 0155
The Company's conference call presentation and webcast are available at: www.fras-le.com/ri
+ 55 (54) 3289.1517
Daniel Raul Randon
Jorge Roberto Gomes
SOURCE Fras-le S.A.