SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global fraud detection & prevention market size is expected to reach USD 56.56 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 18.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancements coupled with increasing penetration of Internet have created new opportunities for criminals to commit frauds and cyberattacks for personal gains. There is a growing concern across industries to curb threats and financial losses stemming from cyber scams such as Distributed Denial-Of-Service (DDoS), ransomware, and malware. As a result, organizations are increasingly deploying fraud detection and prevention solutions to minimize/mitigate risks posed by hackers to a business.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global fraud detection & prevention market was valued at USD 17.33 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.9% from 2019 to 2025
- The fraud analytics solutions segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 44.0% in 2018
- The managed services segment is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 22.0% of over the forecast period
- The payment fraud application segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 40% in 2018
- The large enterprise segment was valued at USD 13.02 billion in 2018
- The North American market accounted for the largest revenue share of over 32.0% in 2018.
Read 137 page research report with ToC on "Fraud Detection & Prevention Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component, By Solutions, By Services (Professional Services, Managed Services), By Application, By Organization, By Vertical And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fraud-detection-prevention-market
Technological advancements such as IoT-based payments, wearable payments, contactless payments, e-transactions, and digital wallets have positively influenced the use of digital payment for online transactions and at point-of-sale terminals. Payment providers are offering digital wallet options such as Apple Pay, PayPal, and Alipay across various online platforms to ensure a seamless experience. Since payment providers act as an intermediary between the browser and banks, all risks associated with transactions are often borne by them. The proliferation of digital frauds and sophisticated cyberattacks has necessitated enterprises to adopt robust solutions for preventing malicious acts.
The demand for these solutions is primarily driven by banking, telecom, retail & e-commerce, and healthcare firms. Since these firms have a high transaction volume, they happen to generate and store a large amount of personal information. Cybercriminals are observed using sophisticated techniques such as botnets, Account Take Over (ATO) via malware, and phishing to commit acts of fraud. Moreover, they use emails, text messages, web browser pop-up windows, or even telephone calls to manipulate users to disclose information such as bank account numbers, balance information, and passwords.
As technology continues to evolve, hackers are expected to continue taking advantage of exploiting vulnerabilities. The growing awareness of attacks is expected to enable individuals and enterprises to understand, address, and diversify their risk strategies. Fraud detection acts as the first line of defense in curbing cyberattacks. Similarly, it enables organizations to strengthen their data privacy, customer due diligence, compliance policies, cyber analytics, and fraud monitoring, along with customer identification, authentication, and risk assessment.
Grand View Research has segmented the global fraud detection & prevention market on the basis of component, solutions, services, application, organization, vertical, and region:
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Solutions Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Fraud Analytics
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Insurance Claims
- Money Laundering
- Payment Fraud
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Organization Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Large Enterprise
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Government & Defense
- IT & Telecom
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Retail & E-commerce
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Teleprotection Market – factors including improved communication systems, ageing grid infrastructure, demand for reduced transmission and distribution losses are expected to drive the teleprotection market growth.
- Smart Machines Market – Machining systems and tools have undergone substantial growth in recent years. Technological advancement along with research and development activities has led to the development of smart machines
- Electronic Warfare Market – Development across the electromagnetic spectrum is expected to be a key factor driving the electronic warfare market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.