NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that it has elected five new partners and promoted three new special counsel. Their new roles will become effective March 1, 2017.
"Our success today and in the future rests on our ability to continually attract, develop, retain and promote the most talented lawyers and professional staff to better support our clients on their most complex and challenging matters," said David Greenwald, chairman of Fried Frank. "We are very proud of our outstanding new partners and special counsel and congratulate them on their new roles."
The following lawyers were elected partners:
- Nathaniel L. Asker as partner in the Antitrust Department, resident in New York. Mr. Asker focuses on antitrust aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures and represents clients before the US Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. He received a BA from the University of Virginia and JD, cum laude, from University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Samuel P. Groner as partner in the Litigation Department, resident in New York. Mr. Groner concentrates on the litigation of corporate disputes, with an emphasis on securities, breach of contract and business tort cases. He received his BA from Columbia University, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa and JD, magna cum laude, from Cornell Law School.
- Valerie L. Kelly as partner in the Real Estate Department, resident in Washington, DC. Ms. Kelly focuses on commercial leasing, acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings, apartment complexes and hotels, joint ventures, and real estate lending. She received her BA, magna cum laude, from University of Florida and JD from University of Chicago Law School.
- Kenneth Rosenfeld as partner in the Tax Department, resident in New York. Mr. Rosenfeld's practice focuses primarily on advising clients on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions and acquisitions of interests in alternative asset managers, as well as public and private debt and equity financing transactions. He also advises clients on partnership taxation and matters relating to private equity funds and hedge funds and their investors. He received his BS, cum laude, from Ramapo College and JD, cum laude, from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Joshua D. Roth as partner in the Litigation Department, resident in New York. Mr. Roth litigates a diverse range of complex white collar, regulatory, and commercial litigation matters. He received his BA, magna cum laude, from Cornell University and JD, magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law.
The following lawyers were promoted to special counsel:
- Daniel B. Durschlag as special counsel in the Corporate Department and the Finance Practice, resident in New York. He received his BS, cum laude, from Binghamton University and JD, with honors, from The George Washington University Law School.
- Joshua S. Gelfand as special counsel in the Executive Compensation & ERISA Department, resident in New York. He received his BA, magna cum laude, from State University of New York at Binghamton and JD from University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Nathaniel Lifschitz as special counsel in the Real Estate Department, resident in New York. He received his BA, magna cum laude, from Yeshiva University and JD from George Washington University Law School.
About Fried Frank
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP advises the world's leading corporations, investment funds and financial institutions on their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. The Firm's approximately 500 lawyers are based in North America and Europe. More information can be found at www.friedfrank.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fried-frank-elects-five-new-partners-300407023.html
SOURCE Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson