NEW YORK, July 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MWE). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=MWE
Highlights from our MWE Report include:
- Merger Agreement with MPLX LP -- On July 13, 2015, MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. along with MPLX LP announced they have signed a definitive merger agreement through which MarkWest would become a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX. Under the terms of the merger agreement, which was approved by the Boards of Directors of the general partners of MPLX and MarkWest, the common unitholders of MarkWest would receive 1.09 MPLX common units along with a one-time cash payment of approximately $3.37 per MarkWest common unit, for total consideration of $78.64 per MarkWest common unit.
- Merger to Create the Fourth-Largest Master Limited Partnership -- As per MarkWest, the proposed transaction combines the nation's second-largest processor of natural gas and largest processor and fractionator in the Marcellus and Utica shale. The Company highlighted that the combination would create the fourth-largest master limited partnership (MLP) based on a market capitalization of $21 billion.
- The Combination to Have a Positive Impact on Markwest's Project Pipeline - As per the Company, MarkWest's, MPLX's along with MPC's (MPLX 's sponsor) highly diverse asset base have complementary aspects which supports for significant additional opportunities across multiple segments of the hydrocarbon value chain. Markwest's added that the combined entity would also increase its leading midstream presence in the Marcellus and Utica shales by allowing it to pursue additional dynamic midstream projects.
- Structural Impact of Combination -- The transaction which is subject to approval by MarkWest unitholders and to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals is expected to close in Q4 2015. MarkWest informed that after the completion of the transaction, it would become a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX.
- Upcoming Events - MarkWest has also scheduled to release its Q2 2015 financial results on August 5, 2015, before market opens. In conjugation with the earnings release it will also host a conference call host on the same day at 12:00 p.m. ET. As per Zacks investment research, MarkWest is expected to report earnings of $0.20 per share in Q2 2015. Earlier as per MarkWest's Q1 2015 earnings release, net loss attributable to the Partnership's common unitholders per common unit stood at $0.05.
To find out how this influences our rating on MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=MWE
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.