LONDON, Sept. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Frontier Pharma: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Cytokine Mediators and Kinase Inhibitors Dominate First-in-Class Product Innovation
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic, progressive and currently incurable auto-immune disease that affects the joints, and is characterized by synovial inflammation and hyperplasia. It occurs when a number of aberrant cell signaling events trigger chronic inflammation of the synovium - the soft tissue of the joint - leading to pain, joint stiffness, and eventually deformity and disability.
With the disease affecting 0.3-1.0% of the global population, the societal and economic costs of RA are substantial. The large target patient population and the relatively high annual cost of therapy have resulted in a crowded, highly lucrative market.
Treatment options have improved and diversified substantially over the past two decades, largely owing to the advent of biologics. Despite this, considerable unmet needs remain within RA. Consequently, opportunities for future drug developments remain significant, particularly for first-in-class innovation, which is the area most likely to produce substantial clinical advances.
Treatment options for RA have advanced over the past two decades, resulting in a crowded, competitive market landscape.
- What is the pathophysiology of RA?
- Which products and therapeutic strategies dominate the clinical and commercial landscapes?
- What are the most significant unmet needs within the RA market?
Considerable diversification from current market trends is evident within the RA pipeline.
- Which molecular targets are most prominent within the pipeline?
- What proportion of pipeline products are first in class?
- Which first-in-class targets are most promising?
Deal values for licensing and co-development deals vary considerably.
- How many strategic consolidations have been completed in the past decade?
- Which types of assets attract the largest deal values?
- Which first-in-class pipeline products have no prior involvement in licensing or co-development deals?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to -
- Appreciate the current clinical and commercial landscapes by considering disease pathogenesis, etiology, epidemiology, symptoms, co-morbidities and complications, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Visualize the composition of the RA landscape, including key unmet needs, in order to gain a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
- Recognize innovative pipeline trends by analyzing therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, all first-in-class targets in the RA pipeline have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been further reviewed in greater detail.
- Identify first-in-class pipeline products with no prior involvement in licensing and co-development deals that may represent potential investment opportunities.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4100752/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers