SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Effective September 1st, 2011, Frontier Scientific Services, Inc. (FSSI) has acquired the assets of ASDI.
ASDI has been a recognized leader in providing chemical services to pharmaceutical, industrial, and academic clients. These valuable services now provided by FSSI include:
- Compound library management to include registration, net inventory capture, material analysis, and reformatting to powder or liquid specifications with distribution to most locations worldwide
- Sample acquisition – sourcing compound identifiers/structures specified and provided in a client specified format
- Building Block offering - catalog of high quality, diverse intermediates and building blocks available through an online ordering system, allowing for just-in-time delivery of pre-weighed micro-molar quantities
- Liquid handling – state-of-the-art, climate controlled capabilities including solvation, plate replication, formatting and transfer
- Analytical services – in house equipment includes NMR, LC-MS, GC-MS
- Purification/Reclamation – cost-effective services to recapture pure compound to optimize client time from synthesis to screening
"We are pleased to have completed the acquisition of the assets of ASDI Inc.," said W. Tim Miller, President and CEO of Frontier Scientific. "This will allow the Frontier portfolio of companies to broaden our scope and expand our product and service offerings to our pharmaceutical, government and university customer base. The chemical procurement, library management, and analytical services of ASDI will complement our existing chemical building block and molecular biology product offerings."
FSSI is private and will be managed as an independent portfolio company of Frontier Scientific, Inc.
This transaction allows Frontier Scientific to marry its strength, credibility, and financial stability with the services and product offerings of ASDI. The ASDI name will be transitioned out over the next few months with seamless operations to customers. The entire ASDI catalog will still be available, contact information will remain the same, and the company will stay in the same location with the same address. The legacy of quick and responsive service will be improved with ongoing investments.
About Frontier Scientific, Inc. (FSI)
FSI is a premier source of boronic acid and porphyrin compounds and a chemical developer, manufacturer, and custom research service(s) provider to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial chemical, government, and academic sectors. FSI specializes in boronic acids, porphyrins, phthalocyanines, ionic liquids, dendrimers, heterocycles and many other chemical building blocks. FSI develops compounds for small molecule drug discovery, SAR studies, and lead optimization. FSI provides catalog products with production quantities generally from the milligram to kilogram scale. FSI is a privately held corporation headquartered in Logan, Utah. (www.frontiersci.com)
This acquisition bolsters the late 2007 FSI acquisition of Echelon Biosciences Inc. (EBI), a Utah-based life science company. FSI's investment in EBI opened the doors for expanded research with the aim to further the science of lipid cell signaling and critical metabolic enzymes, providing new and viable targets for the development of potential drugs and diagnostics for cancer, diabetes, inflammation, infections, and cardiovascular disease. Since 1997, EBI has strengthened its commitment to developing novel assays and reagents for lipid research and beyond. (www.echelon-inc.com)
Although a common management team will guide the portfolio companies of Frontier Scientific Services, Frontier Scientific, and Echelon Biosciences, the companies will be run independently yet will offer common products and services where appropriate to best serve its customers.
SOURCE Frontier Scientific, Inc.