MALVERN, Pa., Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Frontline Research and Learning Institute, a division of Frontline Education, today announced education leader and youth justice advocate Dr. John Deasy will serve as Editor-in-Chief of The Line, a print and digital publication for K-12 education leaders launching in early March 2017.
The Line endeavors to share information and ideas from educators for educators to encourage civil discourse and action around the most challenging issues facing our nation's schools. For its part, the Frontline Research and Learning Institute similarly works to share research and resources with education leaders to help identify actionable insights and improve K-12 outcomes.
"The Line is a natural extension of our dedication to school district leaders as well as the educators and support staff who stand with them on the front line of education," says Tim Clifford, President & CEO of Frontline Education. "The publication also reflects our company's core values and servant leadership culture. We are very proud to have Dr. John Deasy as editor-in -chief of The Line. His leadership and advocacy have helped grow this idea and bring together a who's who in education for our editorial advisory board."
"Education leadership must engage in thoughtful, civil, fact-based discourse on the very important topics facing leaders, advocates and policy developers on the front line of education, social justice and innovation," says Deasy. "I am privileged to take on the important work of this publication and, in doing so, create a forum for the kind of substantive discussion that can create real change."
Deasy heads an editorial advisory board of acclaimed education leaders from across the country, including superintendents and government representatives, researchers, union leaders, policy experts and former journalists. They include:
- Dr. Andres Antonio Alonso – Professor of Practice, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Dr. Jaime Aquino – Chief Program Officer, New Leaders
- Dr. Robert Avossa – Superintendent, School District of Palm Beach County
- Tom Boasberg – Superintendent, Denver Public Schools
- Dr. Tommy Chang – Superintendent, Boston Public Schools
- Charlotte Danielson – Founder, The Danielson Group
- Allen Grossman – Senior Fellow, Harvard Business School
- Mimi Gurbst – Consultant
- Michael E. Hanson – Superintendent, Fresno Unified School District
- Christina Heitz – Founder and CEO, Cambiar Education
- Dr. Frederick M. Hess – Resident Scholar and Director of Education Policy Studies, American Enterprise Institute
- Dr. William R. Hite, Jr. – Superintendent, The School District of Philadelphia
- Harry Keiley – Board Member, The California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- Dr. Sherry King – Consultant
- Aurora Lora – Superintendent, Oklahoma City Schools
- Dr. Vicki Phillips – Education Strategist
- Dr. Ref Rodriguez – Board Member, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Andrew J. Rotherham – Co-Founder & Partner, Bellwether Education
- Paul Toner – Executive Director, Teach Plus Massachusetts
"In a post-election period, more than ever, we must create opportunities for civil discourse as well as a true understanding and consideration of differing opinions," said Deasy. "Given our positions in our country and this publication, one question now faces everyone on our board: 'In light of the tremendous divide that exists in our nation at this time, how can we have the maximum impact in education and policy development moving forward?'"
Deasy and the editorial advisory board will help shape editorial content for The Line and assure the delivery of a publication that gives superintendents and other education leaders new and meaningful ways to think about education's greatest challenges, driving impact and supporting change.
The Line and TheLineK12.com will debut in March of 2017.
About The Frontline Research and Learning Institute
The Frontline Research and Learning Institute is a division of Frontline Education, the leading education software provider for K-12 school districts nationwide. The Institute is a learning organization dedicated to providing data-driven research, resources and observations to support and advance the educational community. Driven by the vast amount of records across Frontline's comprehensive solutions portfolio, the Institute leverages data from more than 7,500 school districts and several million users to reach findings and provide benchmarks that inform strategic decision-making for education organizations. The Frontline Research and Learning Institute works with Johns Hopkins Center for Research and Reform in Education to ensure all research reports and analyses are rigorously-validated and representative of national data.
About Frontline Education
Frontline Education is an education software provider serving more than 8,500 educational organizations and millions of educators, administrators and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners. Bringing together the best education software solutions into one unified platform, Frontline makes it possible to efficiently and effectively manage the needs of the education community including Recruiting & Hiring, Absence & Time, Professional Growth and Student Solutions.
With more than 15 years of experience serving the front line of education, Frontline Education is dedicated to providing actionable intelligence that enables informed decisions and drives engagement across school systems. Frontline Education corporate headquarters are located in Malvern, Pennsylvania, with offices in Rockville Centre, New York and Chicago, Illinois. Learn more at www.FrontlineEducation.com.
SOURCE The Frontline Research and Learning Institute