MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Sept. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on its recent analysis of face recognition technology for the government and public sectors, Frost & Sullivan recognizes NEC Corporation of America (NEC) with the 2016 North American Face Recognition Technology for Government and Public Sectors Company of the Year Award.
NEC has consistently outperformed the competition by offering customized solutions for customers' specific requirements. Its newly launched NeoFace® portfolio is a testament to its deep technological expertise and understanding of customer needs, as it maximizes output according to the operational needs of diverse projects and use case. Its superior technology and core algorithms, including the capability to identify facial areas and unique facial features, have eliminated the challenges caused by poor illumination or image quality.
"Acknowledging the importance of timely detection and shorter engagement times for improved safety, security, and convenience, NEC has increased the speed of match processing in data bases to up to 3.02 million images every second. This is almost twice the average processing speed of its competitors," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst Nandini Bhattacharya. "Furthermore, NeoFace® guarantees customers 28% greater accuracy than the industry average."
NEC has demonstrated its commitment to extensive product R&D by establishing nine laboratories—three in Japan, two in the United States, and one each in Germany, Britain, Singapore, and China. Additionally, NEC established a National Technical Assistance Center (NTAC), which delivers end-to-end assistance in staging, configuring, maintaining, and upgrading its solutions.
The benefits afforded by the NeoFace® solution make it the face recognition technology of choice for government and public safety agencies, large enterprises, and corporations. Its applications include the following:
- Border Control – The solution matches the images of travelers with their electronic images in ePassports, empowering Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to identify visitors unlawfully seeking access into the country. The solution does not slow down the check-in or check-out process, which is a common issue with other biometric security systems such as fingerprint and palm print scanners or even retina/iris authentication.
- Express Access Control – It uniquely enables rapid access (nearly 1800 per hour) to secure locations, opening up numerous applications in border control, critical infrastructure, theme parks, stadia, and venues.
- Departments of Transportation and Motor Vehicles – It reduces fraud by preventing issuance of multiple driver's licenses to the same individual.
- Retail – For customers that already have video management software (VMS) and surveillance in their locations, NEC integrates its packages with leading VMS providers. This gives it a foothold in airports, malls, and other public areas already served by VMS.
- Authentication – The novel scope of implementation in the device authentication segment has helped do away with the traditional one-time password (OTP) authentication method.
Overall, NEC's superior knowledge of the environments in which the facial recognition applications are used, implementation of best practices, comprehensive purchase models, price-performance, and customer purchase and support experience make it a leading brand in the North American market.
"NEC is also a leading implementer of best practices, which enables its solution to be deployed at all times of the day, in diverse environments. Importantly, it is camera type-, lens-, and position-agnostic," noted Bhattacharya. "The company has comprehensive business models, ranging from CAPEX-to-OPEX, on-site or remote, and cloud support. Moreover, its recent announcements of partnerships with leading data center providers possessing mandatory Federal security certifications for data hosting gives it a competitive edge in its hosted offerings."
"NEC is very pleased to be awarded such a high profile honor," said Raffie Beroukhim, senior vice president, Biometrics Solutions Division, NEC Corporation of America. "The award validates the visionary innovation of our NeoFace facial recognition portfolio and solutions, in addition to the impact and value it has brought to our government and public sector clients. Furthermore, the Company of the Year Award from Frost and Sullivan recognizes the team who have worked hard to deliver consistently accurate and extraordinary solutions making NEC a prime vendor of choice for government and enterprise markets."
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to a company that has demonstrated superiority in devising a strong growth strategy and implementing it. The recipient has shown strength in terms of innovation in products and technologies, leadership in customer value, as well as speed in response to market needs. In short, the award looks at the emerging market players in the industry and recognizes their best practices that position them for future growth.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About NEC Corporation of America (NEC)
NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is a leading technology integrator providing solutions that improve the way people work and communicate. NEC delivers integrated Solutions for Society that are aligned with our customers' priorities to create new value for people, businesses and society, with a special focus on safety, security and efficiency. We deliver one of the industry's strongest and most innovative portfolios of communications, analytics, security, biometrics and technology solutions that unleash customers' productivity potential. Through these solutions, NEC combines its best-in-class solutions and technology, and leverages a robust partner ecosystem to solve today's most complex business problems. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in 160 countries and $25 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan Contact:
P: +44 (0) 207.343.8314
NEC Media Contact:
NEC Corporation of America
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/frost--sullivan-applauds-necs-continued-commitment-to-addressing-customer-needs-with-its-novel-neoface-facial-recognition-suite-300333079.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan