LONDON, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
'Latin America will reach 73.4m broadband accounts by year-end 2015, with FTTH/B lines representing 6.9% of the total. By year-end 2020, FTTH/B lines will represent 19.4% of all broadband accounts in Latin America, while xDSL and cable together will account for 76.5% of the total. Brazil will exhibit the highest FTTH/B subscription CAGR during the 2015-2020 period driven by its National Broadband Plan and a push from operators to encourage migration from xDSL to FTTH/B
- Latin America will exhibit the highest CAGR for FTTH/B connections among all regions for the 2015-2020 period, at 32.6%. FTTH/B connections will reach 20.8m by year-end 2020, the equivalent of 19.4% of all broadband lines in the region. Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay will see the highest participation of FTTH/B within the broadband market.
- This growth will be highly driven by the regulatory framework in Latin America that, through various national broadband plans, will foster the rollout of fiber infrastructure via state-incentives and private investments such as in Brazil and Colombia. Nevertheless, regulatory inefficiencies and imbalances such as the ban imposed on Mexican incumbents on selling pay-TV services, hinder FTTH/B rollout and development. This has prompted operators such as Axtel to build their own fiber infrastructure in order to sell broadband and pay-TV services.
- The increasing demand for bandwidth is also a key driver. In the business segment, rising demand for cloud computing will drive FTTH/B adoption, as high bandwidth is a key premise for a successful cloud computing implementation
'FTTH/B in Latin America: Broadband Regulation and Demand for Higher Bandwidth Will Fuel Fiber Growth,' a new Latin America Telecom Insider by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the FTTH/B market in Latin America today, with forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Latin American FTTH/B market, analyzing key trends, drivers, and inhibitors, assessing business models, evaluating market players, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Global and regional FTTH/B market context; a comparative review of the current size of the broadband and FTTH/B markets globally and in Latin America as well as a five-year forecast of selected KPIs. A review of business models and operator positioning in the FTTH/B market in Latin America.
- Drivers and Inhibitors; an analysis of the key drivers and inhibitors that impact the growth of the FTTH/B market in Latin America, evaluating those under regulatory, demand, competitive, and technology lenses.
- Market details; a look at case studies of key players within the FTTH/B market in Latin America, providing a competitive analysis showcasing their current and near-term strategies to succeed in the FTTH/B market.
- Conclusions; this section details the key findings regarding the FTTH/B market in Latin America and the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors, investors and regulators in the telecommunications and FTTH/B markets in Latin America
Reasons To Buy
- This Telecom Insider helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the FTTH/B market in Latin America based on insights derived directly from local market players
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging ICT services market in Latin America.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insights they need to compete in the market.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Latin America FTTH/B market to operators, vendors and investors.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3350778/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48