FTX US Reports Full-Year 2021 Trading Results and Provides Operational Update
2021 Trading & Operational Highlights
- Average daily volume grew 608% in 2021; peak total volume of $812 million during a 24-hour period on 11/10/2021
- Total spot crypto traded in 2021, the first full year of operation, eclipsed $67 billion
- Increased user count 11,900% over the course of 2021 to a total of ~1.2 million
Jan 26, 2022, 08:00 ET
CHICAGO, Jan. 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- West Realm Shires Services Inc. ("FTX US" or "the Company"), owner and operator of FTX US, a leading U.S.-regulated cryptocurrency exchange, today announced its business update for the 2021 calendar year.
Brett Harrison, President of FTX US, commented, "Throughout 2021, FTX US experienced exponential growth and established itself as a market leader in the U.S. cryptocurrency exchange landscape. We improved upon our compliance tech stack, acquired a CFTC regulated crypto futures and options trading platform, made key hires across our regulatory division, launched a cross-chain NFT marketplace, brought FTX Pay to a wider userbase, and much more. Since our inception in 2020, we have continued to grow and expand our U.S. operations, all while remaining compliant with regulators, and this is not set to slow down any time soon."
FTX US continued its momentum built up during previous quarters and finished 2021 with explosive growth across all sectors of the business. The Company maintained its position of being the largest of all digital asset exchanges in the US for liquidity, according to Cryptowatch, a title that has been held throughout all of 2021.
Throughout 2021, FTX US enhanced and expanded upon its product offerings to continue supplying the rapidly growing userbase with a regulatory compliant platform for interacting with digital assets. The Company saw its average daily trading volume hit a new all-time high of $812 million - a YoY increase of 608%, its userbase increase by 11,900%, and its total spot volume traded in the first full year of the platform's operation exceed $67 billion.
2021 Corporate Updates
- Opened an office in Chicago to be the company's new U.S. headquarters.
- Rebranded the Blockfolio Mobile App to FTX.
- Added big names in the sports and traditional finance space to the expansive roster of company spokespeople.
- Launched FTX NFTs, a platform that allows FTX US users to mint and trade Solana and Ethereum NFTs, while also providing creators with full control over the NFT's life cycle.
- Closed the acquisition of Ledger Holdings Inc., parent company of LedgerX LLC., a Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) regulated digital currency futures & options exchange and clearinghouse.
- Implemented a full suite of anti-financial crime compliance and risk management tools developed by TRM Labs, a blockchain intelligence provider.
- Integrated Eventus Validus platform to conduct trade surveillance and risk monitoring.
- Entered partnership with Stratos Jets Charters Inc to accept payments in crypto and fiat through FTX Pay.
About FTX US
FTX US is a US-regulated cryptocurrency exchange, built from the ground up. Its mission is for FTX US to grow the digital currency ecosystem, offer US and international traders a platform that inspires their loyalty, and become a market-leading US-regulated cryptocurrency exchange.
To learn more about FTX US, please visit: https://ftx.us/
M Group Strategic Communications (for FTX US)
SOURCE FTX US
Share this article