STAMFORD, Conn., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. will soon install its Synapse® PACS at facilities of the U.S. Army Pacific Regional Medical Command including two locations in Korea: the Brian Allgood Army Community Hospital in Seoul and the Osan Air Base. Following a comprehensive review, Synapse was selected to replace the legacy PACS at the facilities to provide a fully integrated, multi-facility, web-based solution that is backed up by a Synapse vendor neutral archive located within the United States. Synapse can provide a variety of benefits throughout the Command, including:
- Enhanced communication between Defense locations in Korea and other U.S. military hospital and clinics.
- A fully virtualized ESX™ architecture environment from the first PACS vendor to be officially validated by VMware.
- Embedded clinical tools like peer review and critical results reporting, along with a robust workload assignment engine that provides a highly refined means of allocating case review workload.
- Technology that complies with rigorous Defense security certification requirements.
- Optimized workflow through the use of Fujifilm's CommonView and MultiView technologies.
- Fujifilm's experience and well established Department of Defense legacy PACS migration procedures.
The installations in Korea follow on the heels of four other notable Synapse military installations completed recently. The Army's European Region Medical Command in Landstuhl, Germany, Naval Hospitals at Bremerton and Oak Harbor in Washington, and the Naval Expeditionary Medical Operations in Kandahar, Afghanistan all utilize Fujifilm's Synapse PACS and CR-based digital x-ray systems.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions to meet the needs of healthcare facilities today and well into the future. From an unrivaled selection of digital x-ray systems, to the Synapse® brand of PACS, RIS and cardiovascular products, to advanced women's health imaging systems, Fujifilm has products that are ideal for any size imaging environment. FUJINON is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., and supplies technologically advanced endoscopes to the medical market. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information visit www.fujimed.com.
SOURCE FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.