SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ultra-portable and lightweight notebooks meet the demands of mobile and flexible working
- Designed for maximum usability, durability and security with built-in biometric authentication
- Common family design across three different sized LIFEBOOK U7x7 models reduce IT complexity and cost
Fujitsu today introduces a new family of ultra-mobile notebooks designed to meet the changing needs of business professionals, both at their desks and on the move. The LIFEBOOK® U7x7 family comprises three new lightweight notebooks in different sizes, ranging from an ultra-mobile 12.5-inch display through to a 15.6-inch workhorse.
Just 0.75 inch (19 mm) thin and weighing only 2.8 pounds (1.3 kg1), the new 12.5-inch screen LIFEBOOK U727 is the first fully ultra-mobile notebook from Fujitsu. Its slimline design is shared by both the 14-inch screen size LIFEBOOK U747 and the largest model in the new range, the 15.6-inch screen size LIFEBOOK U757.
The LIFEBOOK U7x7 notebook family is designed to meet the demands of every work style. Fujitsu has focused on convenience, and offers the choice of classic or USB type-C port replicator – making it easier for shared desk users to dock in any workplace – as well as full-size interfaces for network and displays, which avoid the need to carry around an easily misplaced bag full of cables and adaptors. Fujitsu has also ensured that the LIFEBOOK U7x7 family is easy to manage, thanks to the use of the same BIOS image, mainboard and components, which streamlines management for IT departments and helps drive down lifetime costs.
Since the new family of notebooks is ultra-mobile, Fujitsu has also taken steps to ensure that LIFEBOOK U7x7 models – and data – are protected against theft or unauthorized access. The range comes with sophisticated security features including an integrated smart card reader and TPM 2.0. The optional palm vein sensor enables user authentication without passwords, and can also be implemented alongside additional authentication methods. Numerous additional features enhance the overall LIFEBOOK U7x7 user experience, such as ergonomic, anti-glare HD or optional full HD (FHD) touch displays, strengthened screen hinges and a high-end magnesium housing to enhance durability for the line-up.
As mobile professionals would expect, all-day battery life comes as standard – while user-exchangeable batteries add convenience and help reduce lifetime costs. Unlike other vendors, Fujitsu makes it possible to upgrade hard drives and system memory without voiding warranties, and provides easy access via service doors. There is also no need for LIFEBOOK U7x7 users to compromise when it comes to connectivity, since all models feature built-in VGA ports and a full-sized LAN connector.
Kevin Wrenn, Senior Vice President, PC Business at Fujitsu America, Inc., says:
"For today's highly mobile workforce, business notebooks must be flexible enough to handle a variety of tasks, and secure enough to be used worry-free in any environment. With the release of the LIFEBOOK U7x7 family, Fujitsu offers users both, while also providing the high performance users need to multi-task and the cost efficiency businesses desire to cut overhead. Add to that exceptional connectivity and a wide range of models to accommodate users with diverse requirements, and it's clear that the LIFEBOOK U7x7 family is the right choice for businesses in any industry."
Pricing and availability
The LIFEBOOK U7x7 notebook line-up will be available to order in Europe, Middle East, India and Africa from November, with the first shipments expected in January 2017. For North America, orders will begin from January 2017 and first shipments are expected in February 2017. Pricing varies according to model, configuration and country.
Notes to editors
1 The 14-inch LIFEBOOK U747 weighs 1.5 kg and the 15.6-inch LIFEBOOK U757 weighs 1.8 kg.
Key features across the LIFEBOOK U7x7 family include:
- Anti-glare HD, FHD or optional full high definition (FHD) touch display options for ergonomic viewing
- All three models use the same port replicators, AC adapters, BIOS, bit image, keyboard layout and drivers to reduce complexity and cost, while also enabling workplace sharing
- Choice of classic port replicator or USB Type-C port replicator
- Security features including fingerprint or palm vein sensor, smart card reader, TPM 2.0 Trusted Platform Module to protect notebooks and company data from unauthorized access
- A range of connectivity options with WLAN, and Bluetooth
- Full-size interfaces including full-size LAN connector, full-size VGA port
- Made from durable, lightweight materials such as magnesium and aluminum, and featuring aluminum-caged hinges
- Direct access to key components such as battery, memory and internal storage increases serviceability, reduces time and cost of upgrades.
- Shop for Fujitsu PC products online: http://www.shopfujitsu.com/store/
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fujitsu/
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, LIFEBOOK and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.