NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu today released an updated version of its in-store analytics technology - Retail Engagement Analytics (REA). REA 2.0 creates a digital ecosystem that enables brick-and-mortar retailers to capture, monitor and analyze real-time customer behavior and gain deep, actionable insights about maximizing sales conversion rates. REA 2.0, alongside the full lineup of industry-leading Fujitsu retail solutions, will be showcased in booth #3905 at the National Retail Federation's Big Show in New York City's Jacob K. Javits Center from January 15-17.
The Fujitsu REA 2.0 Solution builds on the solid foundation of capabilities offered in the solution's initial release, but advances retailers' ability to make smart, fact-based decisions in real-time through the following new features:
- Real-time Monitoring: Offers retailers the ability to make immediate decisions to improve the shopping experience in real-time. For example, managers can quickly add staff to areas with high traffic or restock merchandise accordingly.
- Video Analytics: Delivers deeper insights into customer behavior.
- Queue Management: Monitors queue length and wait times to provide superior customer experience
- Store Comparison: Compares store performance and A/B tests of new merchandising and store layout concepts
- Alerting and Task Assignment: Improved alerting and staff task management capability allows retailers to turn insights into actions
- Streamlined Infrastructure: Infrastructure advances enable retailers to collect, analyze and visualize a variety of data sources in real-time, at scale.
As a cloud-based solution that collects data in real-time by utilizing Fujitsu-patented Flow Discovery Technology1 as well as RFID and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, REA 2.0 allows brick-and-mortar retailers to dive into the age of digital transformation, driving actions necessary to optimize everything from staff allocation and store layout to product placement and check-out queues. Types of shopper behavior collected include the number of visits per period, zonal volume of visitors, traffic flow through the store, number of repeat visitors, dwell time and sales department conversions that can be tracked, visualized, monitored and actioned. By leveraging expanded information sources, including camera feeds, point-of-sale (POS) and enterprise systems and external data (e.g. local weather), retailers can enhance shopping experiences to achieve meaningful business outcomes in-store and across the retail enterprise with fact-based trend data to anticipate operational needs more effectively.
"Our society has become increasingly digital, so it is imperative for brick-and-mortar retailers to become 'connected retailers,'" said Marc Janssens, executive vice president of Retail at Fujitsu America, Inc. "Retailers need an in-store technology solution that will provide as much insight into their customers as available with online shopping platforms. Fifty-two percent of customers still prefer to make purchases in a physical store2 and Fujitsu is dedicated to helping retailers leverage these untapped in-store insights to bring digital transformation from online to in-store. By changing the way they see their customers and utilizing the real-time insights from the Fujitsu REA 2.0 solution, retailers can provide a better in-store shopping experience, while optimizing their stores and driving sales."
Built at scale to process large volumes of data with speed and efficiency, REA 2.0 can be delivered either in-store or from the cloud. To address customer or country-specific privacy needs, Fujitsu can also deliver a privately-hosted version of the solution over its own secure Fujitsu Cloud, delivered via the company's global network of data centers to meet customers' security requirements.
The FUJITSU Retail Engagement Analytics 2.0 solution will be available from Q1 2017 with rollout starting in North America.
Notes to editors
- Flow Discovery technology is an extension to Fujitsu's Automated Process Discovery (APD) technology. Flow Discovery allows the shopper tracking through the store to be visualized using the facts and evidence from data sources to trace and render the route 'as it happens'. This approach and technology allows us to use non-invasive techniques to gather and process the evidence very efficiently into a comprehensive and accurate picture.
- Fujitsu Retail Engagement Analytics: http://connectedretail.us.fujitsu.com/fujitsu-retail-offerings/retail-applications/retail-engagement-analytics
- Fujitsu Connected Retail: http://connectedretail.us.fujitsu.com
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fujitsu
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.