DENVER, Jan. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FullContact's new Unified Address Book™ for iOS launched today, fueled by another $7MM funding round bringing the total equity investment in FullContact to just under $16MM.
"The new release combines the best of FullContact's cloud based contact management capabilities with the stellar user experience from the award-winning Cobook application for iOS, which FullContact acquired last year," said Bart Lorang, FullContact's CEO. "We are thrilled to provide this update to the combined FullContact and Cobook user base."
The new Unified Address Book application for iOS is a fully optimized experience on mobile devices, and brings the power of FullContact to the iPhone and iPad. FullContact for iOS includes many new powerful features:
- Add photos to social profiles
- Backup and safeguard contacts, even if you switch devices
- Sync contacts and tags between the iOS app and FullContact for the web
- Enables native device syncing via CardDAV
- Unify and de-duplicate contacts between iPhone, iPad, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, AngelList and more
- Review updated contacts directly within the application
- Transcribe business cards and turn them into iPhone or iPad contacts
- Review company information about contacts
- Manage contacts without an active Internet connection
FullContact for iPhone and FullContact for iPad are available today, via Apple's App Store, as a free download.
"No matter who you are, you rely on your contacts," said Brad Feld, FullContact board member and investor. "And there's still no single version of truth when it comes to managing them. It's a problem that gets worse almost daily as new networks appear and become commonplace. FullContact solves the issue by enriching, de-duplicating, validating and making those context accessibly in any context."
The basic FullContact application is free, and a premium version with advanced features is available for users who manage thousands of contacts. FullContact's premium edition stores and synchronizes contacts in real-time between the application and Google Contacts, and includes business card scanning transcribed by real humans for better accuracy over OCR card scanners.
The company intends to continue developing applications for more devices, with upcoming releases of FullContact for Mac and FullContact for Android.
FullContact is the leading provider of unified contact data for consumers and API developers, with offices in Denver, Colorado and Riga, Latvia. FullContact's suite of contact management applications and APIs manage nearly 2 billion contact records every month.
Contact Brad McCarty
Director, Corporate Communications
SOURCE FullContact, Inc.