NEW YORK, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service analyzes the various PEVC and merger and acquisition deals in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry. The deals are analyzed based on their number and average value. Trends are also observed based on the geographic region and buyer types. The study delves into the nature of cross-border deals and takes into account various deal multiples such as enterprise value, percent sought, and stock premium rise of the target company.
Key Trends in the Pharma and Biotech Industry
- Pharma and biotech industry stock market indices have outperformed those of other industries in the study period.
- Profitability is reducing in large pharmaceuticals companies.
- Patent expiry and revenue loss in pharma and biotech companies.
- Government efforts to contain drug prices.
- Increasing market demand for drugs.
- Declining research & development (R&D) by large pharma companies.
- The pharma and biotech industry witnessed a decline in the volume of both private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) deals. This is in tune with the overall decline in deals in healthcare in the study period.
- The PE deal volume in the pharmaceuticals sector declined steadily during 2010–2014, while the biotechnology sector witnessed an increase in deal volume during 2010–2013 and a slight decline in 2014.
- The initial public offering (IPO) market for the pharma and biotech industry has experienced steady growth post-2012.
- Depleting pipeline and increased cost pressures have made mergers and acquisitions (M&As) a lifeline for strategic growth for leading participants of the pharmaceuticals sector.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02875513-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001