LONDON, Aug. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Software Margins in ADAS Applications to Grow above 20% by 2020
The complexities of next generation semi and highly automated driving, clubbed with the increasing number of complimentary qualities among vision sensors, makes it challenging for ADAS system developers to decide on the most compatible sensor suite. Sensor fusion as a technique allows developers to choose the right sensor combination, where ADAS implementation is executed by using data from various sensors rather than just one sensor. This report looks at the current and future sensor fusion approaches and the market shares of each sensor and indicates the best approaches for OEMs and suppliers looking to use this technology to propel their growth in the fast evolving ADAS and automated driving market.
Research Aims and Objectives
Include detailed objectives and focus areas of the study here:
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, and forecast emerging sensor fusion strategies used by Tier 1 suppliers to achieve next generation ADAS solutions while dealing with the growing complexities in
the execution process.
- Understand the growth of various perception/vision sensors used in advanced driver assistance systems market
- Break down applications by sensor types and sensor combinations
- Estimate market size for each sensor type based on various ADAS applications
- Understand the types of errors in ADAS environment sensing and mitigation plans used by OEMs to address these errors
- Break down total number of sensors used in ADAS applications in the European and North American markets
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What sensor fusion strategies are various OEMs adopting to achieve automated driving?
Is highly automated driving possible without using LIDAR?
Will sensor-level physical integration be a successful in achieving sensor fusion?
What challenges do automated driving entail which need to be addressed by vision system suppliers?
What value do semiconductor suppliers bring to the table for active safety and automated driving?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4062673/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers