NEW YORK, LONDON, and SYDNEY, April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc., a global provider of online trading services specializing in foreign exchange (forex or FX) and contracts for difference (CFDs), today announced the global launch of its new app for Android mobile devices, FOREXTrader for Android.
The new application, now available as a free English-language download in the Android Marketplace, offers Android users secure access to their FOREX.com accounts with full trading capabilities, up to the minute news, charts, research and account information.
"Android users were previously able to access their FOREX.com accounts through our mobile website but, with the rapid growth of Android-powered smartphones, we wanted to give our customers a more feature-rich experience designed specifically for the Android OS," said Samantha Roady, chief marketing officer for GAIN Capital. "With the addition of FOREXTrader for Android, we now have trading solutions for the two fastest growing mobile operating systems in the world."
FOREX.com launched FOREXTrader for iPhone and FOREX.com Mobile in 2010.
FOREXTrader for Android includes:
- Quotes on 59 currency pairs, including spot gold and silver, as well as a dozen contracts for difference (CFDs) on commodities and major equity indices*;
- A variety of order types, including market, limit, stop, One Cancels Others (OCO), If Then, If Then / OCO and Trailing Stop;
- Live newsfeed from Dow Jones;
- FOREX.com's proprietary FOREXInsider, providing streaming market commentary and analysis during market hours;
- Candlestick and line charts available for 1m, 5m, 10m, 15m, 30m, 1h, 2h & 4h, daily, weekly, and monthly time intervals; and
- Account balances, P&L and more.
To download the free application, Android users may visit the Android Marketplace directly from their devices and search for "FOREXTrader." Prospective customers can access all the features of the Android app by registering for a free 30-day practice account in-app.
* Foreign exchange and other leveraged trading involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Contracts for Difference (CFDs) are not available to US residents.
About GAIN Capital
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes, including foreign exchange (forex or FX), contracts for difference (CFDs) and exchange-based products, to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors.
A pioneer in online forex trading, GAIN Capital operates FOREX.com®, one of the largest and best-known brands in the retail forex industry. GAIN's other businesses include GAIN GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions, and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC) a licensed U.S. broker-dealer.
GAIN Capital and its affiliates have offices in New York City; Bedminster, New Jersey; London; Sydney; Hong Kong; Tokyo; Singapore; and Seoul.
For company information, visit www.gaincapital.com.
All trade names are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc.