SAN JOSE, Calif., April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Designers of power subsystems for supply rails at 24V and higher can learn about important considerations for efficiency, heat dissipation, size, protection, and isolation in a new workshop hosted by Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) and Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a leading global distributor.
With the 24V+ wide input voltages so often used in industrial, medical, communications, and other end applications, meeting power system performance and size goals is critical. Held April through May, these free, 4-hour lunch-and-learn sessions cover power system design from theoretical foundation to solving attendees' most challenging problems.
Registration is open and seating is limited: http://bit.ly/24Vplus_Power_Seminars
The 24+ Volt DC Power System Design workshops will be held in the following cities:
- Cleveland, OH - April 20, 2016
- Milwaukee, WI - April 21, 2016
- Toronto, ON, Canada - May 10, 2016
- Boston, MA - May 11, 2016
- Philadelphia, PA - May 12, 2016
- Minneapolis, MN - May 17, 2016
- Dallas, TX - May 18, 2016
The workshops are led by Bob Mammano, who developed the integrated circuit (IC) that ushered in the age of switch-mode power supplies (SMPS). His seminal IC design, and the many variations it inspired, tamed SMPS by shrinking their size and complexity, and making them cost-effective in countless applications.
- "Power system design is getting more challenging as shrinking systems demand higher efficiencies and smaller size," said Bob Mamanno. "I am happy to lead an educational seminar that walks designers through power system design using some of the latest integrated power conversion products."
- "Maxim has made rapid strides in 24V+ power with many industry firsts bringing significant benefits in efficiency, robustness, size, and ease of use to the world's leading industrial manufacturers," said Anil Telikepalli, Executive Director of Power Products at Maxim Integrated. "By partnering with Bob Mammano, we are pleased to provide cutting edge technical training of these technologies to all designers."
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.