LONDON, June 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Emerging technologies will drive the GaN power devices market"
The GaN power devices market is anticiapted to reach USD 2.60 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 24.5% from 2016 to 2022. Factors such as emerging technologies such as High-Electron Mobility Transistor technology, leading to GaN HEMTs, quantum dots, e-GaN FET among others are driving the growth of the GaN power devices market. Moreover, the RF semiconductor devices industry is also a driving factor. RF electronics industry, has slightly different requirements with respect to characteristics of its electronic devices, components, and semiconductor devices as compared to other segments of the global electronics sector. One of the major reasons for this is that the RF sector is closely interrelated to the communications sector and requires electronic devices to operate at a wide spectrum of communication frequency ranges, ranging from normal frequencies to very high microwave frequencies, depending on the application.
"III-IV GaN semiconductor material has the maximum traction during the forecast period"
The CAGRs of IV-IV GaN semiconductor devices and III-IV GaN semiconductors, are growing at a faster rate, and also the CAGR of overall GaN semiconductor market, which is estimated to grow rapidly. The III-V GaN semiconductor devices segment is growing much faster than the IV-IV GaN semiconductors. This shows the rise in shipments of III-V GaN semiconductor devices with the rising number of advanced end user applications requiring superior and efficient performance. This is creating demand for increase in use of III-V compounds & composite materials (Indium alloys) in GaN semiconductors.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. Break-up of profile of primary participants is given below as:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 50% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C-level – 35%, Director-level – 25%, Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 39%, Europe – 17%, APAC – 31%, RoW – 13%
The various key market players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Fujitsu Ltd.
2. Toshiba Corp.
3. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
4. Texas Instruments
5. EPIGAN NV
6. NTT Advanced Technology Corporation
7. RF Micro Devices Incorporated
8. Cree Incorporated
9. Aixtron SE
10. International Quantum Epitaxy plc
11. Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
12. AZZURO Semiconductors AG (Germany)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the GaN power devices market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product develpoments, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3655087/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48