GCC Clinical Trial Market Opportunity: >US$ 500 Million
GCC Disease Prevalence & Statistics
Saudi Arabia Dominating GCC Clinical Trial Landscape: >500 Trials
Clinical Trials for Cancer in GCC: >120 Trials
Guidelines for Conducting Clinical Trials by Country
Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight by Country
GCC clinical trial market is represented as a novel ally for the developing clinical trial market globally. In a short period of time, the market has become used to conducting some of the major research-oriented clinical studies to cover a large portion of diseases that have been a subject of interest for prolonged years. The overall clinical trial market landscape is providing several different advantages that is favoring the GCC region capable of conducting pharmaceutical clinical trials at a large scale. Nonetheless, the market is prone to progress at a steady state because it has an attractive regulatory framework that makes it conducive towards more clinical researches.
The growth observed in the GCC clinical trial market is filled with pool of opportunities and varying trends at the level of stakeholders and the researchers. Various obstacles that are observed while building the clinical research capacity in the region have been well adjusted as there are several different facilitators that have optimized the high ground cost of clinical research studies. GCC clinical trial market provides an advantageous landscape of conducting clinical research as it is holding epidemiological profile and ethnic diversity. In terms of technology, concentration of the fully advanced equipments have also observed an influx in the market. All this is estimated to be a contribution of economic development that has taken place in the region so far.
The clinical research credentials such as patient enrollment, infrastructure and equipped laboratories in every country in the gulf have fundamentally revolutionized the pattern of running larger clinical trials. Saudi Arabia & UAE among all the gulf countries have helped the region to set a phenomenon that has majorly impacted several emerging clinical trial markets of the world. Clinical trial landscape in the respective countries have undergone a transitional state and have eventually resulted in alarming the other emerged markets of the world about the upcoming dominant market. Currently, both countries are holding hundreds of clinical trials for almost half of the major mortality causing diseases in the world.
Other than the population drive that is considered as an important key parameter for the future assembly of the GCC clinical trial market, the parameter that is expected to drive the future scenario of the market is the gradual increase in the geriatric population. It is estimated that by the end of the year 2050, there will be more than 25 million people aged 60 years and above. The analysis that has been made for the future percentage of geriatric population is driving the upcoming years of the GCC clinical trial market.
The future insights of the GCC clinical trial market are estimated to bring laurels to the overall pharmaceutical market. The initiatives taken up by the government of the respective countries in long run such as Vision 2030 by Saudi Arabia is also motivating the researchers to enforce various different strategies that could boost the future of the clinical trial market as well as the pharmaceutical market.
As per the research report, the current scenario of the GCC clinical trial market represents a phase where it is moving towards disrupting the established status of other emerged markets of the world. The market is approaching several different go-to-market strategies in order to enhance the experiences as well as the insights regarding the data-driven clinical studies. With the introduction of several different smart applications in the market, it is leading towards an augmented and impactful strike against the major position holders in the global market.
Over the last few years, the market is inclining towards the diseases whose prevalence in the region is increasing furiously. It is estimated that in the near future, with the technologies to redefine the outlook, the market will hold the potential to thrive promisingly into the global market.
3. GCC - Regulatory Aspects of Pharmaceuticals 3.1 Gulf Central Committee for Drug Registrations (GCC-DR) 3.2 Regulatory Review Process 3.3 Centralized Registration 3.4 Decentralized Drug Registration Regulation 3.4.1 Saudi Arabia 3.4.2 Kuwait 3.4.3 UAE 3.4.4 Bahrain 3.4.5 Qatar 3.4.6 Oman 3.5 Gulf Joint Procurement Program
4. GCC Disease Prevalence & Statistics 4.1 Cancer 4.1.1 Overview 4.1.2 Prevalence by Cancer Type & Gender 4.1.3 Cancer Prevalence & Statistics by GCC Countries 4.2 Diabetes 4.3 HIV/AIDS 4.4 Cardiovascular Diseases 4.4.1 Coronary Heart Disease 4.4.2 Hypertension 4.4.3 Stroke 4.5 Obesity 4.6 Respiratory Disorders 4.6.1 Asthma 4.6.2 Tuberculosis 4.6.3 Influenza & Pneumonia 4.6.4 Other Respiratory Diseases - COPD & Cystic Fibrosis 4.7 Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia
5. Saudi Arabia - Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight 5.1 Overview 5.2 By Indication 5.2.1 Cancer 5.2.2 Diabetes 5.2.3 Cardiovascular Diseases 5.2.4 Respiratory Diseases Excluding Lung Cancer
6. Saudi Arabia - Guidelines For Conducting Clinical Trials 6.1 The Principles of SFDA Guidelines 6.2 Protection of Trial Subjects 6.3 Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee 6.3.1 Responsibilities 6.3.2 Composition, Functions, and Operations 6.3.3 Procedures 6.3.4 Records 6.4 Investigators 6.4.1 Qualifications and Agreements 6.4.2 Adequate Resources & Medical Care of Trial Subjects 6.5 Clinical Trial Protocols
7. UAE - Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight 7.1 Overview 7.2 By Indication 7.2.1 Cancer 7.2.2 Diabetes 7.2.3 CVS Disorders
8. UAE - Guidelines For Clinical Trials Conduction 8.1 General Provisions For Clinical Trials 8.1.1 Purpose & Scope 8.1.2 Clinical Trials Background 8.2 Suitability of Individuals and Sites Involved in Conducting the Clinical Trial 8.3 Protection of Subjects & Informed Consent 8.3.1 Research Subjects 8.3.2 Information and Consent 8.4 Clinical Trials With Vulnerable Groups (Vulnerable Subjects) of Patients 8.5 Ethics & Research Committees 8.6 Authorization to Conduct Clinical Trials & Application to Ethics Committee 8.7 Amendments & Suspensions in Clinical Trials 8.7.1 Amendments in Clinical Trials 8.7.2 Suspension of the Clinical Trial
10. Bahrain - Guidelines for Clinical Trials Application 10.1 Introduction 10.2 The Application Process 10.3 Phase II & III Clinical Trials: Decision Process 10.4 Guidelines Phase IV Clinical Trials 10.4.1 Application Process 10.4.2 DECISION PROCESS 10.5 Amendments
11. Oman - Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight 11.1 Overview 11.2 By Indication 11.2.1 Sickle Cell Disease 11.2.2 Cancer
12. Oman - Guidelines for Clinical Trial Conduction 12.1 Provision & Prerequisites for a Clinical Trial 12.2 Protection of Clinical Trial Participants 12.2.1 Research and Ethics Committee 12.2.2 Informed Consent of Trial Participants 12.2.3 Privacy and Confidentiality 12.3 Documents and Requirements for Clinical Studies and Trials 12.3.1 Documents Required to be Submitted to Central RERAC for Approval of Clinical Trials 12.3.2 Documents Required During the Clinical Conduct of the Trial 12.3.3 Other Documents which are Required During the Clinical Conduct of the Trial 12.3.4 The Required Documents by the End of the Trial
13. Kuwait - Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight 13.1 Overview 13.2 By Indication 13.2.1 Cancer Related Trials 13.2.2 Diabetes Related Trial
14. Qatar - Ongoing Clinical Trials Insight 14.1 Overview 14.2 By Indication 14.2.1 Cancer Related Trials 14.2.2 Diabetes Related Trial 14.2.3 CVS Disorders 14.2.4 Respiratory Disease
15. Future Insights for GCC Clinical Trial Market
16. Competitive Landscape 16.1 Regional CROs 16.1.1 Innova 16.1.2 Antaea 16.1.3 ClinServ International 16.1.4 MCRO 16.1.5 KAU MED Clinical Research Organization 16.1.6 RAY CRO 16.1.7 MCT CRO 16.1.8 ClinArt MENA 16.1.9 Pharmaceutical Development Company 16.1.10 Nagy Research MEACRO 16.2 Multinational CROs 16.2.1 Quotient Sciences 16.2.2 MedPace 16.2.3 Europe, Middle East & Africa Clinical Research (EMEACR) 16.2.4 Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) 16.2.5 MedPace 16.2.6 PRA Health Sciences 16.2.7 KCR 16.2.8 ICON 16.2.9 Covance 16.2.10 Parexel