LONDON, April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Per capita electricity consumption in GCC countries stands at around 10.29 megawatt hour, which is about three times the global average. Major reasons behind high per capita consumption of electricity include high dependence on electric appliances, especially air conditioners, due to hot climatic conditions; and increasing water desalination owing to lack of naturally available potable water in GCC countries. Desalination of sea water, which is an energy intensive process, has become imperative in GCC nations to address the growing water requirement of the region's expanding population. Growing demand for electricity is leading to development and expansion of power infrastructure, which requires installation of switchgears in the electricity network. Moreover, GCC nations are increasing their focus on developing refinery and petrochemical processing infrastructure, which would require strengthening electrical infrastructure as well, including building new power plants and transmission & distribution networks. These factors are expected to significantly augment demand for switchgears in the region over the next five years.
According to "GCC Switchgear Market By Type, By End User, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021", the switchgear market in GCC is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% during 2016 - 2021. On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented into three categories, low voltage (up to 1 kV); medium voltage (1.1 kV to 40 kV); & high voltage (above 40 kV). Among these categories, low voltage (up to 1 kV) segment dominated the overall GCC switchgear market in 2015. The segment is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the next five years as low voltage switchgears are cheaper as compared to medium and high voltage switchgears and majority of the consumers are residential users. Few of the leading players operating in the GCC switchgear market include ABB Electrical Industries Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric, and General Electric, among others. "GCC Switchgear Market By Type, By End User, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021" discusses the following aspects related to switchgear market in the GCC region:
- GCC Switchgear Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Type (Low Voltage (Up to 1 kV); Medium Voltage (1.1 kV to 40 kV); & High Voltage (Above 40 kV)), and By End Use (Utilities, Residential, Industrial & Others)
- Regional Analysis – Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman & Bahrain
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the GCC switchgear market
- To identify the on-going trends, and anticipated growth over the next five years
- To help industry consultants, major players and new entrepreneurs align their market-centric
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with switchgear companies, manufacturers and suppliers, and other stakeholders in GCC countries. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3783883/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers