NEW YORK, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Highlights
· Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global generics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
· For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired.
· Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included.
· The market value is evaluated at ex-factory prices.
Generics Global Industry Almanac_2017
Global Generics industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global generics market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The market value is evaluated at ex-factory prices.
- Market volume is quantified here as the percentage of the total ethical pharmaceutical market volume in a country or region which is accounted for by generic drugs. It is therefore a generics penetration rate measure, not an absolute measure of market volume.
- All currency conversions were calculated at constant average annual 2015 exchange rates.
- The global generics market is expected to generate total revenues of $318bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 1.4% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 78.6% of total pharma volume in 2016.
- The onset of the global economic crisis has led to several countries strengthening their generic policies. These policies have contributed to the strong growth experienced in this market in recent years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global generics market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global generics market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key generics market players� global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global generics market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global generics market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global generics market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global generics market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global generics market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04806850/Generics-Global-Industry-Almanac.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/generics-global-industry-has--increased-with-a-cagr-of-14-between-2012-and-2016-and-expected-to-increase-further-by-2021-300457792.html