SAN DIEGO, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Leaders in genomics will speak at the inaugural Precision Medicine Leaders Summit, a first-of-its-kind gathering held August 10-12 in San Diego. Designed to bring diverse perspectives together, the summit will feature open and candid discussions with the goal of sparking new ideas and solutions to current hurdles facing precision medicine. World-renown speakers will be featured, including:
- Stephen Kingsmore, M.D., D.Sc., Rady Children's Institute for Genomic Medicine at Rady Children's Hospital – San Diego
- Razelle Kurzrock, M.D., Moores Cancer Center at UC San Diego Health
- Nicholas Dracopoli, Ph.D., Janssen Research & Development, LLC
- Michael Kolodziej, M.D., Aetna
- Hakan Sakul, Ph.D., Pfizer, Inc.
- Alex Dickinson, Ph.D., Illumina
- Eric Neumann, Ph.D., Foundation Medicine
- Jose Florez, M.D., Ph.D., Harvard Medical School
- Jennifer Levin Carter, M.D., M.P.H., N-of-One, Inc.
"Precision medicine has entered a pivotal period as sequencing proliferates and starts to directly impact human health. In times of transition it is more important than ever to gather key stakeholders and discuss how to overcome hurdles and improve patient care," said Damian Doherty, editor in chief, The Journal of Precision Medicine. "Held in the 'world capital of genomics', San Diego, the Precision Medicine Leaders Summit brings diverse perspectives in precision medicine under one roof, including physicians, patient advocates, genomics companies, payors and academia, with the goal of stimulating solutions-oriented discussions."
"With an impressive depth of commercial and academic expertise in genomics, which fuels precision medicine, San Diego is a natural location to host the inaugural Precision Medicine Leaders Summit, and we are honored with this selection," added Joe Panetta, president and CEO of Biocom, the largest advocate for California's life science sector. "The participation of leaders with unique, pertinent points of view will add depth to the conversations about topics critical to the industry today, and I look forward to the discourse."
Topics to be discussed at the summit include:
- Pragmatic implementation of genomic medicine
- Combating Ebola and Zika viruses using precision medicine
- Update from the White House on the Precision Medicine Initiative
- Harnessing big data in genomics to provide value
- Needs of rural and urban communities when delivering precision medicine
To register for the conference in advance please visit here. Advance media registration is available. Updates can also be received by following @JournPrecMed on Twitter.
About Precision Medicine Leaders Summit
The Precision Medicine Leaders Summit is a first of its kind gathering of the finest minds in the Precision Medicine field. The conference aims to capitalize on the collective wisdom of speakers and delegates alike, encouraging open and candid discussions, which will give way to novel ideas and concepts that can help us search for new ways to circumvent the obstacles that currently stymie progress. The conference will encourage all of us as participants to enter into partnerships with varied stakeholders and challenge the status quo, fostering more transparency in order to find solutions that will ultimately advance this dynamic field and result in improved patient outcomes.
SOURCE Precision Medicine Leaders Summit