DUBLIN, Aug 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Genomics Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Application, By Technology, By Deliverables (Instruments, Consumables, Services), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global genomics market is expected to reach USD 27.6 billion by 2025
The past decades have witnessed significant changes in disease management processes due to simultaneous advancements in genomics and personalized medicine. There has been a gradual growth in the usage of genomic studies in clinical practices, which is reflected by the growing trend of targeted therapies.
Results from genomic studies enable a better understanding of diseases and the underlying mechanisms for researchers, physicians, and consumers. This facilitates evidence-based decision-making, and hence, helps improve personalized treatment regime. In addition, technological advancements in data analysis tools have motivated healthcare community to create precision-based therapies from surplus, available DNA data.
Advancements in genomics and associated technologies has significantly impacted crop genetics. Technological advancements in sequencing facilitates genomes & transcriptomes sequencing for several crops. Although a reference genome exists for several crops, resequencing and gene expression studies are required for in-depth study of key genes contributing to the desired trait. Implementation of this information in crop breeding helps in development of advanced crops.
The companies are involved in strategic alliances with global as well as local entities to boost their revenue generation and enhance their share in the market. For instance, in March 2017, Foundation Medicine collaborated with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, as a result of which Bristol-Myers Squibb could deploy Foundation Medicine's molecular information solutions and comprehensive genomic profiling for identification of predictive biomarkers, such as Microsatellite Instability (MSI) and Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB), to accelerate its immunotherapy clinical trials. Such initiatives are aimed at increasing the adoption of genomic information in cancer management.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- High volume requirement and the high cost of specific reagents contribute to substantial revenue share. Companies are embracing the trend of offering varied reagents that simplify workflow process
- NGS-based services held a major share in the genomics services segment due to its rapid adoption of whole genome sequencing and application of sequence databases for disease screening and prognosis
- NGS-based services have witnessed a continuous growth since its introduction
- The demand for these services would remain strong with the expansion of the customer base from being limited to academic and research centers to CROs, biotech and pharma players.
- Biomarkers exhibit high clinical potential and efficiency across treatment of wide range of diseases
- Use of predictive biomarkers for diagnosis and monitoring take cancer eradication a step further. Moreover, organizations and programs such as National Biomarker Development Alliance (NBDA) are actively participating in development of novel biomarkers for cancer diagnosis
- Thus biomarkers are expected to exhibit the fastest growth in the coming years over the forecast period
- The growing interest of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in genomics is expected to drive market growth in the coming years.
- As patients are focusing on their health, Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) laboratory testing is increasingly being employed. DTC genetic tests enable consumers to access information about their genetics without necessarily including healthcare professionals in the process.
- A few emerging and established companies are competing in this space
- Asia Pacific is the most potential region and an emerging market for genomics. This market is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 12.7%.
- Developing infrastructure in these countries has led to the increased demand for biomarkers for diagnostics purposes.
- Market participants are engaged in making the technology available to users at a lower price and in a compact form
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Executive Summary
1.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 2 Research Methodology
2.1 Information Procurement
2.2 Information or Data Analysis
2.3 Market Formulation & Validation
Chapter 3 Genomics Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
22.214.171.124 Growing integration of genomics data into clinical workflows
126.96.36.199.1 More targeted and personalized healthcare
188.8.131.52.2 Growth of newborn genetic screening programs
184.108.40.206.3 Advancements in noninvasive cancer screening
220.127.116.11.4 Military genomics
18.104.22.168 Technological advances to facilitate genomic R&D
22.214.171.124.1 Emergence of advanced genome editing techniques
126.96.36.199.2 Integration of new data streams
188.8.131.52.3 RNA biology
184.108.40.206.4 Single cell biology
220.127.116.11 Rising adoption of direct to consumer genomics
18.104.22.168 Success of genetic tools in agrigenomics
22.214.171.124 Increasing participation of different companies
126.96.36.199 Increase in government role and funding in genomics
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
188.8.131.52 Issues regarding intellectual property protection, data management, and public policies
184.108.40.206 Dearth of skilled personnel
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for End use, 2016
3.3 Genomics - Swot Analysis, By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Genomics Market Categorization: Product & Services Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Genomics Market: Product Movement Analysis
4.2.1 Global genomics products market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.3 Consumables/ Reagents
4.3.1 Global genomics services market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.3.2 Core genomic services
4.3.3 NGS based services
4.3.4 Biomarker translation services
4.3.5 Computational services
4.3.6 Other services
Chapter 5 Genomics Market Categorization: Technology - Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Global Genomics Market: Technology - Application Movement Analysis
5.2 Functional Genomics
5.2.1 Global functional genomics market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.2.3 Real time PCR
5.2.4 RNA interference
5.2.5 Mutational analysis
5.2.6 SNP analysis
5.2.7 Microarray analysis
220.127.116.11 Global microarray analysis in functional genomics market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.3.1 Global epigenomics market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.3.2 Bisulfite sequencing
5.3.3 Chromatin immunoprecipitation-sequencing (ChIP-Seq)
5.3.4 Methylated DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP)
5.3.5 High resolution melt
5.3.6 Chromatin accessibility assays
5.3.7 Microarray analysis
5.4 Pathway Analysis
5.4.1 Global pathway analysis market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.4.2 Bead-based analysis (Bio-Plex)
5.4.3 Microarray analysis
5.4.4 Real time PCR
5.4.5 Proteomics tools (2-D PAGE; yeast 2-hybrid studies)
5.5 Biomarker Discovery
5.5.1 Global biomarker discovery market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
5.5.2 Mass spectrometry
5.5.3 Real time PCR
5.5.4 Microarray analysis
5.5.5 Statistical analysis
5.5.7 DNA sequencing
5.6.1 Global other services market, 2014 - 2025 (USD Million)
Chapter 6 Genomics Market Categorization: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Genomics Market: End-use Movement Analysis
6.2 Clinical & Research Laboratories
6.3 Academic and Government Institutes
6.4 Hospitals and Clinics
6.5 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
6.6 Other End Users
Chapter 7 Genomics Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product, Technology & Application, & End-use
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Illumina, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7wb4qz/genomics_market?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets